untitled-5.jpg

untitled-6.jpg

untitled-7.jpg

untitled-8.jpg

untitled-9.jpg

untitled-12.jpg

untitled-11.jpg

Nothing like charcoal.

Jeff, I used to say the same thing until I started with hardwood mesquite charcoal. Now that's all I will bbq/grill with.
Starts quicker, gets hotter, and better flavor for whatever is on the grill.
Try it, you'll like it.

I use charcoal to start the fire, and then use apple, hickory, mesquite logs to keep it going for the first few hours. After that, I switch back over to charcoal for the rest of the cooking time. Perfection takes hours not minutes!!

Jeff, I used to say the same thing until I started with hardwood mesquite charcoal. Now that's all I will bbq/grill with.
Starts quicker, gets hotter, and better flavor for whatever is on the grill.
Try it, you'll like it.
I agree! Lazari makes some killer mesquite charcoal. Some of it is so big, I have to break it apart to use it, looks like tree parts!

I don't go gas grills, I cook for parties, church camp-outs etc... up to 100 people or so... a BBQ is not a BBQ if gas is involved... and not just in Texas! (LOL)

I always tell people I cook stuff the way God intended! just look in the Old Testament, All the sacrifices were done over a wood fire!

I agree with all of you. I am from Spokane and I wouldn't be caught dead with a gas grill. I usually smoke most of what goes on my grill. I use the Kingsford mesquite charcoal and then throw pre-soaked wood chips on top of it. Wood type depending on meat type of course. I have the round barrel on its side type bbq with the smaller barrel attached to the side for smoking. I make ribs, brisket, and pork shoulders for pulled pork on a pretty regular basis. Nothing beats smoked dead flesh. Definitely not always from Texas either. I am from Spokane, WA 69B-Cuda and will be back there soon.

Jeff

Very, very, very cool grills that only a car guy would appreciate.

-
Back