Be careful out there

-

WildCat

Reaction score
Well gotup early for the trip in to work with the snow predicted today.

They seem to be right so far, just a dusting but still calling for 8-10" by 8pm

I should be at work before it really starts coming down. Getting home tonight might be interesting

Be safe if you are in the snow band today

It's going to miss me...

All you central Indiana guys be careful. Slow and steady gets you to your destination.

The weakest link to traction is the coefficient of friction between the tire and road. When there is ice, rubber doesn't get good grip. SLOW DOWN!!!!

It's going to miss me...

All you central Indiana guys be careful. Slow and steady gets you to your destination.

The weakest link to traction is the coefficient of friction between the tire and road. When there is ice, rubber doesn't get good grip. SLOW DOWN!!!!

as I always say, better you than me! we got 19 degrees and falling, around 2 1/2" , that`s more than enough for me! be careful out there.

It's 3*'s this morning. Windchill of -18*'s. This is a bit chilly for us.

15 here, 3 wind chill. 4" on the ground, with ice underneath. Just watched a news crew driving I-44 through Springfield. They said 35 mph was a fast as they drove. Very slick. I drive US 65 south about 15 miles to go to work. What they have shown, looks pretty rough. Believe I'll be late today!

Around 7 deg here this morning. 6-8 in of snow predicted for today. These fools around here are not used to driving in it. It should be a real Circus to watch. I, however am from Alaska and can handle it. Still need to be careful on the Ice though.

My boss just texted me and said "Don t bother coming to work. You might not be able to get home and i Don t have enough places for you all to sleep tonight" I DIDN'T ARGUE!! We only get snow days once or twice a year if we're lucky. If we get the amounts they claim it'll be the most I've seen down here in all my 21 years!

Around 7 deg here this morning. 6-8 in of snow predicted for today. These fools around here are not used to driving in it. It should be a real Circus to watch. I, however am from Alaska and can handle it. Still need to be careful on the Ice though.

I can handle it too. I'm not who I'm worried about. Been watching a live camera from Springfield, and just saw some idiot driving to fast, and rear ended another car.

i had a feeling we would start getting some snow mid feb and here it is! little ice under 6 inches, still some wrap around coming in. lucky if we see about 30 all week?? low for wed nite is - 5. more smow mid and end of week?

looks like ky will get hammered out of this!???

I admit we're wusses compared to you guys in the N E!!??? LOL

View attachment image.jpg

I believe we've got around 8" here in south central KY and it's still comin down!!! I ran out and measured and there's almost 8" on the roof of my truck and 9" in the yard! We just might get the 12" they called for!!

They called 4.5 hrs for us, not enough people to run the lines and will probably have parts issues if they were able to run

Figure we have about 6" and coming down real fine.

Got to go put the windows in the skid steer and clean the driveway

Coming home is normally about 40 minutes, today maybe little over an hour. Sat on the interstate for a awhile wondering if I would get home, there is a hill just past the fairgrounds and it was very slick, was following a UPS single axle tractor with 53' trailer and he couldn't make it up the hill, then traffic cleared, so probably several semis had the same problem and blocked the road

Guess my truck gets to take me to work again tomorrow

It is just like they said for once! We have about 7 or 8", and it is still coming down. Y'all be careful out there!

Only a few inches so far up in cincinnati. Sadly I live where I work so no snow day for me :(

Yes, be careful out there. Stay home and get on FABO!!

They are calling for 3-5 inches here tonight, but this place is so congested, just a little snow and this place goes crazy. I'll be taking the day off tomorrow and catching up on paperwork...nobody wants to go look at homes in the snow anyway!!

Stay home, clear the driveways and walk ways, then build a snowman, have a snow ball fight, sled, or ski....

You may as well enjoy it....

^^^^ That sounds like a plan!

Attachments

• 20150216_144435.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 20150216_144326.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 94
took 3 extra hours traveling between Okc & Wichita ks last night from Perry, Oklahoma south was ice, the north end of I-35 in Edmond/OKC was a skating rink that was ridiculous, seen a couple of tractor trailers out in the ditch & numerous cars/pick-ups everywhere.

20 mph was the speed I traveled in the okc area with a set of doubles-- that was fun!! ,Lawrence

25 mile trip to work this morning took an hour. Several slide offs, and saw one bad wreck. I heard about 4 more on the radio during my trip. I had no problem myself. It's all the people that get in a hurry and cause the problems. It's slick out there, slow down!!

cold and snow here this morning. good day for coffee.

How you doing? Talked to my brother who lives in Lakewood, you and your friend met him when we hooked up a few years ago. Anyway, it seems as though it can't make up it's mind out there. One day it's in the 70's, next day it snows! As they say out there, ' Don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes.' LOL

-
Back