Be Cool Eliminator Series radiators, Anyone run one?

-

wjaholic

My car stole my wallet!
Reaction score
I was looking around and found one on sale. They had one that is a direct fit for my '74 Duster. I am planning on running an electric fan on what ever radiator I get.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Be+Cool+Radiators/953884/10002/-1

"Be Cool's Eliminator series aluminum custom fit radiators will keep you from ever losing your cool again! The Eliminator radiator features a cross flow design using dual 1'' tubes, .080'' thick tanks and billet filler neck. This custom fit radiator easily replaces your old stock unit without any modifications or extra mounting brackets.

Best Performance & Value
Performance Grade Dual One Inch Core
Epoxy Free Construction
Billet Filler Neck with High Capacity Over Flow Tube
Folded & Tapered Tanks
Popular Sizes for Today's Applications
Custom Fit for Flange & Cradle Mounting
Heavy Duty Automatic Transmission Cooler
OEM Size Inlets & Outlets
OEM Style Petcock
100% Pressure Tested
Durable Packaging
Made in North America"
Sounds good, I know my big block is going to get hot, I am planning on driving it on some hot days So I am trying to plan as far ahead as possible.

I have one for a 72 Demon, not sure if it is Eliminator style but looks the same and is suppose to cool 550HP

I have not had any issue cooling the car since installing. The only thing I dont like is the way it sets a little lower than the core support. Just looks a little odd to me since the factory radiators sit so high. But that is just because its a cross flow and not a down flow like factory.

Fit was nice other than that.

I'd like to run a Be Cool radiator module (radiator, fans, and wiring) in my 67' Barracuda which has a 383 in it. Be Cool says it is a direct fit and have two fan options; a single puller fan for up to 400hp, or a dual puller fan setup for up to 700hp (which is where I'd like to go) with shrouds. The rad is 19" high by 30" wide

The problem is I have 5-1/2" from the core support to the front of the water pump pulley and the Be Cool setup is 5-3/4" between the fans. The rad is 3" thick.

My other option is going with a 33" wide unit with two pusher fans, and I have to cut some of the core support to get the fans to fit

Any suggestions here?

I believe that I have the original rad for the 273 motor, but am running the 383 now and it overheats big time.

What are other big block A-bodies running and how to you get a rad / fan to fit???

Thanks.

-
Back