Been away awhile...69 dart progress

-

GSS340

Reaction score
I've been off the site for awhile, the Army made me a recruiter and I've never been so busy and worked such crazy hours in my life.

Some progress has been made on my '69 swinger 340 though...moved to another shop and now its finally getting some attention. Body is just about ready to shoot just needs some final blocking to make totally smooth but is basically there. Here is a shot of the underside of the trunk lid and hood as of two days ago.

0826080900.jpg

Wow! 5 1/2 months away! Wasn't there any withdrawals? Good to have you back. BTW: It's nice to have your car at a shop that actually works on it, isn't it?

Honestly I've been so busy that I haven't even logged onto this computer very often. I've been getting home about 10pm five if not six days a week and getting up around 6am to go to work...it's crazy.

Yes it is sooooo nice to have the car in a shop that actually does something.

I got the car moved from the old one just over a month ago. I finally snapped after stopping by the shop and finding spilled cans of soda and other trash all over my car and parts. I made a bolt on wheeled setup for the front (k-member out) and yanked it out of there the same day.

Honestly I've been so busy that I haven't even logged onto this computer very often. I've been getting home about 10pm five if not six days a week and getting up around 6am to go to work...it's crazy.

Yes it is sooooo nice to have the car in a shop that actually does something.

I got the car moved from the old one just over a month ago. I finally snapped after stopping by the shop and finding spilled cans of soda and other trash all over my car and parts. I made a bolt on wheeled setup for the front (k-member out) and yanked it out of there the same day.

Good for you. People leave their cars in non-productive shops way too long.

Lookin Very Good! - You are a better man than I - cause if i would have walked into what you discribed at the body shop I would of had to brake something about 3 foot up someones:bootysha:

I'm in the same boat. But my lack of progress is the result of too many honey do projects. You will have a really nice ride when done. Howard, (70 383 Swinger)

Thanks all, I can't wait to get it back to the house and start the assembly process...I wonder how many parts, nuts, bolts and brackets I am going to have to rebuy though when I can't find them again. And you know after that happens they will suddenly appear and I'll have two or three extra of each part. Oh well.

-
Back