Been thinking about my Grill....

-
19 Again, I like your idea of the graphite grill & think it will look great. You might need to paint a couple areas another color just to break it up some. Lance's grill does look really nice IMO.

My Demon grill probably has some people gasping for air, but I luv it LOL :D

Been toying with the idea of doing the front signal trim red like the body, but have not comitted to that yet.

If you're not sure, get some red pinstripe tape & play around with it on the turn signal housings. It'll come right off without damage & if you find you like the look, then paint it on. That's how I did mine.....

Well everyone I 'm kinda like'n that thought of a little pinstripe in red around the turn signals.. I used some 1/8" plastic chrome molding for the openings on the hood scoop, then Lance (73ABODEE) suggested I try the same stuff around the rear tail light lenses, where everyone uses the silver pen I used the 1/8" plastic chrome molding.. If you use a lighter and bend when its warm it doesn't look to bad.. But I'll probably paint the grill next weekend and I'll post some pictures.. Thanks for all the input.. Love that grill in Black with the silver lines..

19 Again, I like your idea of the graphite grill & think it will look great. You might need to paint a couple areas another color just to break it up some. Lance's grill does look really nice IMO.

My Demon grill probably has some people gasping for air, but I luv it LOL :D

If you're not sure, get some red pinstripe tape & play around with it on the turn signal housings. It'll come right off without damage & if you find you like the look, then paint it on. That's how I did mine.....

I did it with a photo program and didn't like it, and especially so with the strip diagonally from indicator to indicator.

I was looking at this 71' Duster ad and noticed the Grille wasn't the typical bright silver maybe it was the lighting........but it really looks good darker.

Attachments

• 138231-large-23_legendary-muscle-cars-Plymouth-Duster-340.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 244
Well put the first coat of Graphite on the grill.... I'm really starting to like it... Will post some pictures later after I mow grass..

Well I put 2 coats on the grill and the light buckets.. I'm really lik'in the stealth look... (couldn't think of anything else to call it) I definitely think some color of pinstripe may be in order. I also have a pair of Amber LED strips I've been thinking about to run around the inside edge of where the lenses mount for running lights only.... not turn signals, just for asthetics and I think it might look kinda cool cause the car is already Honey Gold.. Probably can give a better perspective after I put it on the car, before and after shots...Any opinions or suggestions.. ??

Attachments

• Grill 1.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Grill 2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 232
  • Grill 3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 204
They look haggard when they are faded original. I thought about doing something similar, with the silver elipse corner rectangles, but after looking at some restored, I went that route and it has a nice contrast of silver, argent silver and black.

What about doing the crate mesh the color of the wheel, while doing something similar to what oklacarcollecto did with the turn signal surrounds and elipse corner rectangles? Basically what you have, now, but with some silver and put the matte black back in the areas that it was, from the factory.

It would look very close to original, with the 3rd color you've added to match the wheels and still give a good contrast of silver and black.

Well I went to the local parts store yesterday and was looking at the "red, green, and silver" paint pens.. Picked up the red one and turned around to get ready to go to the counter to pay for it. Then right in front of me I saw exactly what I needed (the Halleluja Chorus sounded..AHhhhhhhh) It was Gold Pin Striping. Almost a perfect match to the color of the Duster!. So I snatched it up, brought it home and have proceeded to put it on the grill... I'm really like'n it.. Try and post some pictures today or tomorrow..

love to see it when finished. I never liked the black grill but that gray that you sprayed looks good on that.My grill is argent but I am now thinking about painting it the same color as yours.

After I got my other old grill off I found it was cracked in two places on the top side.. Not to mention it had a broken outside tab as most do.. So I did better with the one I painted.. I forgot to take pictures of the before grill, but I've got some of the after, and I'm like'n it.. Not to bad for a "briar"...
Here ya go... :cheers:

Attachments

• Grill 4.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 157
  • Grill 5.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Grill 6.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 144
I have a grill that desperately needs repainting. I'm thinking of painting the same color of my rims. Which currently is "graphite" made by Dupli-Color. The color looks (I think at least) awesome on my rims. And it would tie the front and sides together in looks.. I know this isn't for some of the purest in the crowd, and I'm sure I'll hear "do what ya want, it's your car". But I'm curious if anyone has done this or what it might look like? I get the "argent silver" color was the original for both rims and grill, but I'm just doing something a little different. Anyone ..... Good or bad, I can take it....

Looks amazing!!! I especially like the way the pinstripe appears body color! Looks wicked

After I got my other old grill off I found it was cracked in two places on the top side.. Not to mention it had a broken outside tab as most do.. So I did better with the one I painted.. I forgot to take pictures of the before grill, but I've got some of the after, and I'm like'n it.. Not to bad for a "briar"...
Here ya go... :cheers:

That looks great.

:thumleft: Your grill looks awesome........very custom. Nice job!!

Thanks everyone, after I get it out in the sun (if it ever decides to quit raining) I'll take some better pictures..

-
Back