Beep Beep - '68 'Cuda horn mounting ?

-

QWK FSH

Reaction score
Title of thread might sound funny but I'm tired of this car fighting me every step of the way in terms of putting it back together!

Please don't flame me for asking as the one horn was mounted under the battery tray :munky2: and the other in it's original spot when I bought the car. I'm putting them both back where they belong.

My first thought was both horn openings pointed down, now I'm thinking the lower horn opening points down and the upper horn opening points up. :read2:

Doe's anyone have a pic or an explanation of how they were stock?

2 ro 3 weeks from I hope to be running my 3rd tank of gas through this car and I bought it back in November! :cheers: Sometimes I wonder why I buy toys and tear 'em apart to make them my own???

Thanks all...

Edit: I just noticed this was 100th post! :)

I do the same thing... tear em apart and doin it my way (wihout butchering or geting in over my head). I bought my cuda' back in April of 2008. Was 318 2 barrel/Now 440 4 barrel. I noticed that it came with one horn. It was located on the passenger side next the radiator pointed down... as the brackets are on the horn it makes sence. Tho.. when I routed the foward light/engine haraness (from Year One 383/slant-six harness) I noticed there were 2 connections for a horn.....
When I bought the car the horn did'nt work right.
Anyway hope I helped.

Bump.

If someone could post a pic of how the stock horns are mounted that would be great.

Thanks!

If you give me until tonight or tomorrow, I will post one for you.

If they're pointed down there's less chance of them filling up with water. I'd have to take a look at mine to see how they were. They're off of the car right now but still on the brackets so I might be able to tell how they were originally.

Finally figured how to redownload pic resizer, My 67 but should be the same. Here ya go.

horns.jpg

Perfect, thanks Mopar Head. Now I know why I had an issue. The previous owner mounted a coolant recovery tank where the upper horn goes and then drilled new holes for the lower horn. I was trying to use the the original lower mount holes and the new ones he drilled. (Wouldn't work trying to point them both down) I won't be using the recovery tank he had so I can mount them as pictured. Thanks again!

-
Back