Before and after, which looks better?

-

super70bird

Reaction score
1st pic from 2001, 9k miles

2nd pic from today 07/30/09, 13k miles.

I hate whitewalls, full wheel covers and bumper guards. What do you guys think? Also turned down the t-bars a little so it sits more "flat".

ds1.jpg

P7300006.JPG

trim rings for the dog dish covers.
A bit of rake goes along way as well, I dont know how you feel about getting a longer shackle set.

That looks a lot better. I think the rear end could come up a little more. I like the but up raked look. But thats just me.

Nice work.

Oddly enough, due to the colour and year (not muscle era), I like it better with the full covers and white walls.
Just my .02 for this particular car, whitewalls are not my favorite either.
Without the whitewalls it looks too bland IMO. It has no specific "Muscle", "Cruiser"... label to put to it.

I like the after much better. Now just add a 440, 727 w/column shift & a bench seat and a Dana 60 rear.
.....or go back to the original look w/ the 440 drivetrain & a my grand-kids are cuter than yours license plate frame.
Not a muscle-car, but 1 heck of a sleeper!

Thanks for the replies. I'm a "dog dish" guy, so all my cars get the same treatment. Both 76 Darts here:

P7300007.JPG

P7300008.JPG

P7300009.JPG

i thank it looks beter in second pic other than need trim rings to be able to tell rim from tire i like the ride hight wheels and tires under the car looks much better than big tires sticking out of wheel wells:cheers:

The pillar molding is on the blue one, working on the rest this weekend.

I like the second pic much better. It has a much more "business like" look. Only change I would make is white letter tires, widen the rear steels and add a bit of rake to give it that 70's perfomance look.

Edit: I just want to add that what I'd do is not necessarily what you should do and I think it looks cool as it sits. Very "Sleeper". If I saw that at a stoplight I'd wonder what was under the hood before I tried anything, lol!

It's your car, treat it as you like. If all our cars were the same we'd have a very boring day at the car show.

Nothing wrong with the 'before,' but I like the 'after' better. I really like the color too, I wonder how it would look with the wheels painted the body color. Very nice!

Definitely try a couple of trim rings. They give the dog dish caps a finished look. or how about some rallys? they're a good look on any Mopar. Nice cars! toolman

-
Back