Votes: 67 36.4%
  • buckets (non console)

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • buckets (console)

Votes: 69 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
pics 1 to 3 are my own cars ....pic 1 and 2 are actually the same car .

pic number 4 was a car that was for sale in Denver, Colorado ...it was a bronze 69 swinger 340.

the rest of the pics were ones i found on a google search :rambo:

Thanks for the further info, Rani....alas, mine was gold and did not have the fender mounted turn signal indicators. The search continues.......Ben.

My car came with a bench seat..... So I kept it that way. So that is how I voted. :)

bucket seats, no console. bench is way too grandma. unless you wanna be a .... grandma.

Well, not necessarily......bench seats are also considered "cheapo", and "cheapo" is cool too, in the way a Hemi/bench/column automatic is cool.

the problem i have with consoles is that every car i have now is either a 3 or 4 speed and console stuff for 4 speed is big money and rare.

if your going with auto then a console will be more feasable bcoz they made a gazillion of those.......if 4 speed console stuff was less expensive and more available i would prolly go for it ....but not when its going to cost $1000. + to get it all correct and nice :read:

Oh BTW, lemme also add that I don't like bucket seats/4-speed/NO console unless it's a Duster/Demon. Man, don't ask me why. I think it's their high-back buckets that look pretty cool without a console. Like this:

attachment.php

But these Dart seats seem like they're begging for a console!

attachment.php

i do have a 4 speed console set-up but it costs sooooo much to restore and get it perfect. (pitted chrome and missing boots) ugggghhh

Why not convert your auto console to a 4-speed one? I was going to do just that. It might not pass muster in some people's minds.....because it wouldn't have the little chrome raised rectangular trim around the outer edge of the shift boot, but.....I would run it and not think twice. Seriously...out of every 100 people who checked it out, would 1 even notice?

bucket seats, no console. bench is way too grandma. unless you wanna be a .... grandma.

Having that bench seat made it a whole lot easier for your date to sit closer to you on a week end! I guess she could sit on the console, which probably explains why a lot of those plastic consoles had big cracks in them???! Ben.

Bucket with or with out console.. My Demon has a 73 Duster bench in it now and I don't like it - it's very heavy

Having that bench seat made it a whole lot easier for your date to sit closer to you on a week end! I guess she could sit on the console, which probably explains why a lot of those plastic consoles had big cracks in them???! Ben.

SOB.....Slide Over, Babe!

Bucket with or with out console.. My Demon has a 73 Duster bench in it now and I don't like it - it's very heavy

Huh ? You sit in it or it sits on you ?
I know you were refering to vehicle weight
I'm just being silly

I loved a bench seat when I was dating...and glad I have bucket seats now that I am married.

I would go bench seat all the way...every freakin' vehicle comes with buckets now...stand out from the crowd.

My Duster came from the factory with fabric/vinyl bench seats...P.O. put in buckets...wish he would have left it alone.

Paul

If the bench fits better use it.

How about buckets with the fold down "buddy seat/armrest"? That's what I'm doing in my Dart wagon - buckets out of a 66 Barracuda and buddy seat out of a 68 B body - yes it all fits without any rubbing.

Why not convert your auto console to a 4-speed one? I was going to do just that. It might not pass muster in some people's minds.....because it wouldn't have the little chrome raised rectangular trim around the outer edge of the shift boot, but.....I would run it and not think twice. Seriously...out of every 100 people who checked it out, would 1 even notice?

well i tried that but they are a lot different .....to convert an auto one into 4 speed your going to have to be pretty creative ....starting with the shifter handle lol

Attachments

• 8636613166_359598485c_m.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 251
How about buckets with the fold down "buddy seat/armrest"? That's what I'm doing in my Dart wagon - buckets out of a 66 Barracuda and buddy seat out of a 68 B body - yes it all fits without any rubbing.

yea i can see a B-body buddy seat working and thats a good idea.

from the factory A bodies got these >>>

i have a few of them but im finding out that they are really hard to come by.

we will find out how much its going to cost ship one to Canada real soon thats where this one is headed....

Attachments

• 20130416_164022.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 246
yea i can see a B-body buddy seat working and thats a good idea.

from the factory A bodies got these >>>

i have a few of them but im finding out that they are really hard to come by.

we will find out how much its going to cost ship one to Canada real soon thats where this one is headed....

Is that a Ford seat?

Bench was SOO much fun in high school. Decades later with the wife, it's even better. Buckets are cool but no fun at all. :smile:

Is that a Ford seat?

silly ...you have gone turbo with that ferd business :D....absolutely not .....that is a barracuda sport seat 67 -9 cuda option only

Attachments

• CCI05152011_0006%20(983x1280).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 244
  • 68_Barracuda0006.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 244
I like them all and don't know which way to vote... I also like the high back bench seats that came in some a-bodies.. Maybe just four door cars I don't know.. I will say I'm not a big fan of consoles and when I heard on the radio the other day that the last bench seat car made in the USA was being discontinued this year I kinda felt sad..

Rani, use what you like the best. I just went back to the bench seat that was originally in my car when it was new. To me the buckets were more comfortable But I liked the look of the bench seat better.

I went from bench to buckets just recently. I put the high back buckets in. I actually feel like I sit up higher with the high back buckets and they are so much more supportive which I think makes them more comfortable. I guess the low backs are a bit different though. I want to make a custom console one day that looks factoryish but has cupholders.

Ill admit i like both buckets and bench. I feel like a black bench seat doesn't have as much of a grandma vibe as a blue or green seat.

Drove 67 notch fish with bench for many years, drove 73 Valiant with bench for many years. Those 2 benches aren't the same. The earlier bench was much more confortable even though it was all vinyl and the Valiant bench had plaid cloth inserts. I think the difference is in their springs/filling construction.
The later model benches suffer spring failure. I never had a 67 bench that failed.

-
Back