Votes: 67 36.4%
  • buckets (non console)

Votes: 48 26.1%
  • buckets (console)

Votes: 69 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Because of your height, buckets make the most sense unless you want any regular size passenger to have to sit in the back seat

I do not care for buckets without console

My 4 speed console was expensive as you quoted, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As far as boot, mine was a repop that ripped within 6 months. Took the ripped boot to the guy that did my interior and he made a matching ultra leather shift boot. For less than 1/3 the cost of another POS repop boot

So there are ways around some cost. If you have a 4 speed console, and don't want to pay to have it repaired and rechromed. Why not stripe the chrome and use body filled and then just paint the console. The tops were argent so the only chrome was the edge and stripe down the middle and shifter surround

Or custom make a console that suit your taste, cup holders, arm rest, power outlet for cell phone, mp3 player

Really it is you car, do what you like best

Because of your height, buckets make the most sense unless you want any regular size passenger to have to sit in the back seat

I do not care for buckets without console

My 4 speed console was expensive as you quoted, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

As far as boot, mine was a repop that ripped within 6 months. Took the ripped boot to the guy that did my interior and he made a matching ultra leather shift boot. For less than 1/3 the cost of another POS repop boot

So there are ways around some cost. If you have a 4 speed console, and don't want to pay to have it repaired and rechromed. Why not stripe the chrome and use body filled and then just paint the console. The tops were argent so the only chrome was the edge and stripe down the middle and shifter surround

Or custom make a console that suit your taste, cup holders, arm rest, power outlet for cell phone, mp3 player

Really it is you car, do what you like best

thats a good idea...i wasnt sure if that would look good ....but it might be worth a try ......$500. into re-pop top plates is a bit spendy for me

split bench with separate adjusters? the comfrort plays a bigger partnow that im older and beat up. buckets are nice now because all the drive-in movie places where 1/2 our kids were made are gone . now those were fun weekends . when the lights all came on after the popcorn bucket ran across the screen you un hooked the speaker from your window and headed down town for some drag racing stop light to stoplight then park in a parking lot and hang out and watch the action

i am a buckets with the console just what i like and with me well i put a new meaning to the word tall. just think of police accadomey with high tower and the honda

My lil '65 Valiant 2 door came with a bench, which I love since it's a 3 speed on the column. But I've recently gotten a good condition factory automatic center console (which need the door/cover/whatever it's called), and scored a pair of very good condition pwer leather buckets from a 1993 Infiniti j30i. My plan is to install the console and buckets this weekend, but keep the column shift for now, until I build the turbo 225 and automatic for this car. I've always liked buckets, and in this car since it's column shifted I figure I'd BETTER have a console or the trans hump will look completely bare!

Wayno
Austin, TX

I'm digging the bench seats. They need to make a comeback in cars today! I am tired of having my right knee crammed against the wide center consoles of today's cars! And they seem like they are getting wider....

There is a way to build a 60/40 split bench... you would need 2 bench seats and i pair of bucket seat tracks.

you can get some pre-made cores from a later aspen.....the SE and the volare Premier had 60/40 seats....the F-body tracks wont work but the seats will fit in an A-body

you can get some pre-made cores from a later aspen.....the SE and the volare Premier had 60/40 seats....the F-body tracks wont work but the seats will fit in an A-body

Yeah but that would be too easy for me. Seems I have to do EVERYTHING the hard way LOL
I have 1 nice 67 bench here so I would get another just like it and put weeks into the project. I really should stop thinking about it before I offer to trade buckets for a bench.
Happy moparing

The thing that stood out for me when I bought my duster was the bucket seats and console.

Back in the day. I was always glad that I had bench seats in my Road Runner, when I was at the drive in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the bench with center armrest in my 70 Dart. Its a 1973 item I believe but ended up in mine when I got it. I really like the look and armrest. Kind of more old school, I think of mine as more of a hot rod so eliminate many "fancy" items. No AC or heat, all deleted, old style seat belts, under hood heater delete, simple 360, no chrome. no brushed stainless or aluminum.

best of both worlds...70 ebody bench , does fit in a body , hard to find though

Attachments

• buckets or bench 001.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 130
  • buckets or bench 002.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 141
  • buckets or bench 003.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 125
actually got this from another member , did some tradin' worked out well for both of us

Was going to swap in a set of buckets, but decided to keep the bench and have it recovered locally. I like it!

BTW, there is an auto upholstery supplier near me that matched my seat vinyl to the rest of the interior by just giving them my vin codes. The match was excellent. They claim they are the worlds largest supplier of OEM car fabrics, specializing in classic cars.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 110
Figure it's October mine as well bring a thread back from the dead. Probably going buckets with no console 4 speed

I might want to take exception to that 'grandma vibe' green seat!! But then again I am married to a grandma! Ben.

Let me start by saying that I general don't like green cars (other than sassy grass,etc) and normally hate green interior but that car/interior looks absolutely amazing!!!!!

When I was a kid and overly concerned with displacement, two doors, and e/t's it had to be a bucket.

Now, I love a comfy bench. My lady loves them as well. ;)

-
Back