Bench seat conversion.

-

dirtydart

Reaction score
Looking at maybe tossing the buckets for a bench seat. I like the bench from the 270. Has anyone swapped seats on their dart or a body. Just trying to figure out if I’m wasting time.

You will need to drill a couple of holes for the inner tracks on each side.

Factory bucket seat cars came with a reinforcement plate 12ga sheet metal plates that were there to help weight load.
Get them from the car you are Getting the seats from.

You will need to drill a couple of holes for the inner tracks on each side.

Factory bucket seat cars came with a reinforcement plate 12ga sheet metal plates that were there to help weight load.
Get them from the car you are Getting the seats from.
Think he's going the other direction...

i did that with my '69 Dart.Had to buy the front bench seat covers for a '69 barracuda to match the rear.Everyone thought i was crazy...maybe they're right, but i prefer a bench.
the nicest interior is the '71 Dart deluxe front and rear bench.

The holes are there with rubber plugs in them. They are different locations altogether then the 4 holes for bucket seat. so you will need to plug 4 holes per side . They sell seat hole plugs for the bench seat you will need 8 unless you can save your existing 4 you remove.

I’m hoping to install a bench seat and get rid of the buckets.
I'm sorry- I read that rather quickly before work this am.
Bench seats are very cool- my 340 4 speed Demon still has the factory blue plaid bench.
Every time its out, every one comments on how cool that is.
I think blue plaid vs black
Also when was the last time you saw a new car with a bench seat up front.
Joe

I've never swapped to a bench, but have/had bench a-bodys.

Had a 71 with the upgraded interior, original low mileage car, interior excellent, seat uncomfortable after a while.

67 bench, upholstered, super comfortable.

67 lacks the headrest and locks.
Both had the center armrest.

Your bucket seats and tracks might sell for enough to pay for the swap & still leave you some $$ leftover.

-
Back