bending Steel Fuel Line

-
Benders I use most often are simple coil springs like throttle return springs. They fit over the outside of the tubing. Came with a cheap kit. Not for precision work but very handy. The factory used something similar and left it place to serve as a heat sink on the brake lines.

I have a little tubing bender that looks like a modified set of pliers and straightened out the coil of tubing getting as straight as I could. Put it under where I wanted it to run and looked for any place where I had to run it through a hole or small space. Threaded it thru those places first, then working from the front I started tagging it down to frame or panels as I worked back.Using my bender as I went and keeping the fuel line tucked up out of the way of floor jacks and where jack stands get placed. It's a shame to put new line in and crush it with a jack stand !!!

Several people make the ones like Demon seed posted. I got mine back when I was in the HVAC/ R trade.

One thing, though---do NOT bend the tube more than you have to --any extra bending causes "work hardening." If you want to see this in action, simply take a scrap piece of steel/ copper tube and bend it a few times in your hand. Pretty soon you won't believe how tough it gets!!

i have that bender demon seed posted, mines made by imperial. very nice tool. i agree with 67dart273. i was working with 3/8 aluminum tubing for my trans cooler lines, i cant believe how tuff that stuff gets after a couple bends..

Thought you were using the aluminum ?? Showed you how I did mine pulled out old lines as a whole and and copied the bends by hand using old lines as a template i guess you'd call it very simple I'll show you when u get back to San Jose

Dude look at original posting date

embarrassed.jpg

haha no worries, still building the car, so could always change, but doubt it.

Hey ! Don't get down on yourself ! It was practically 2 in the morning, after Long Day.

I'm glad the night crowd cared enough to respond with good info..

My 2 cents. :coffee2:

-
Back