Bent LCA?

-

Kevindc

Reaction score
I've never worked on one of these before but this sure looks bent to me. Is this the way it should be or do I need to try and straighten it out? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0410 (Medium).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0415 (Medium).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 142
I've never worked on one of these before but this sure looks bent to me. Is this the way it should be or do I need to try and straighten it out? Thanks.

That looks bent to me as well. I'm thinking it'd be safer to just replace it. Used LCAs are cheap.

It looks like itS bent, I would have to look at other LCA's to reference though. Other members might disagree, but I think once stuff like this is bent it's pretty hard to get it right again. It would be easier to just get another one. I've seen people give away lower control arms on this site.

Yes, it's bent.

Look very close at the LCA pin socket in the K-member. Did you already start to loosen the LCA pin bolt? Sort of looks suspicious and at the very least took a hard blow. Check if the hole is straight not bent/tweeked to the side. Might want to weld it up just to cover your butt if welds were weakened.

Also check out the strut rod bushing hole on the front legs of the K, centerlink and that side upper control arm.

Check for fine little cracks around the frame were the 4 K-member bolts bolt on. And check for cracking around the frame under the shock tower where it sits on the frame area.

It's bent for sure, and looks like someone may have hit something in the road with it.

Thanks all. So now I'm looking to buy a couple of LCA's with sway bar mounts if possible.

worst case you pick up a non-sway bar arm and transfer the tab.
if you were close I would say stop over and I will Give you one.

-
Back