best 2 1/2" muffler

-

7dart0

Reaction score
its a 70 dart with a 360 magnum and TTI long tubes. I think I've decided on an H-pipe and I'm dumping it at the rear axle.

What would be the Best performing muffler for a street vehicle? I don't mind it being loud but I am trying to stay on my budget of $80 for the pair.

Tom

LMAO!

Your combo please

You could do a chamber d muffler like an Aero Chamber from Hooker
Or a Summir racing turbo muffler.
A straight through like a Dyno Max Max Flo or Hooker Max Flo where the inside tube of the muffler doesn't neck down in size.

i would recommend the flow thru's but your not going to get them for 40 bucks each .
good luck .

i would recommend the flow thru's but your not going to get them for 40 bucks each .
good luck .

Flow through's have the best performance but they will also be the loudest. The chambered mufflers have a mellower tone, less resonance at highway speeds, but they do restrict flow a bit. If you don't need absolute maximum performance from your 360 I would go with the chambered mufflers. But, your choice. tmm

5.9L magnum. unknown cam, stock heads, performer rpm intake, eddy 750 carb, A904 with reverse manual valvebody. sticking to 2 1/2" pipe size. still have 7 1/4" rear in for now.

i got the car in pieces and i'm hoping to have it back together in a couple months.

Are the turbo mufflers super Quiet?

Tom

Depends on the muffler. The Aer Chambers are very reasonable but open up for a good sound. The Summit mufflers range from a good street tone to a nice rumble.

-
Back