Best 360 to get?

-

Shane65

Reaction score
Just curious what year 360 is the best to look for?

What's a good place to find one... I'm seeing a few on ebay, but seem a little pricey. What's an average price?

Any year is a good year since the tin wall myth has been debunked. Sonic check it for big overbore issues. Less is better for stronger thicker less flexing more power making cylinders.

I'd go for a late 80s/early 90s 360 LA Roller Block and never look back.

i got a 85 360 la motor broke down ,putting new rings and oil pump , timing chain and gears in it i love all the 360 motors also have a 360 magnum motor got 2 do a few swaps on it but you cant go wrong on either,on the older engines i always like having the heads redone but both are great motors

My machine shop found me a standard bore 72 360 for $200.....thats just the bare block, but i don't need the crank and rods anyways for my stroker build.

I bought a 84 la360 for 250 last year on craigslist that had supposedly been rebuilt and had 10k on it. came complete - no carb, put it in a few months ago, runs fine. was told it came out of a motor home

Its always been said that the early ones were the best they were 2 bbl motors. I Agree with rumblefish on this If it sonic tests and the cylinders are not thin. Its good. They are getting harder to find so take what you can and have it checked for your application. If you don't like it sell it and try another.. For the price of rebuilding a motor today. Crate motors are the way to go. Chrysler for muscle cars . There are others that are more performance and strokers are available from different companies . Some times it cheaper to just buy one done. Less headaches.

I Cannot seem to ever want to spend that much at once and stuck with buying what I can a little at a time . It seems like its easier on the pocket that way. And it is easier to hide the expense from the wife.

I Cannot seem to ever want to spend that much at once and stuck with buying what I can a little at a time . It seems like its easier on the pocket that way. And it is easier to hide the expense from the wife.

Yea no doubt. I like screwing them together myself. Thinking about what cam, measuring the parts. Hangin with my machinist. It's all good and the way I like to do things, myself.

My wife doesn't care what I purchase for the car. It's my money, I work, pay all the bills, put food on the table, oil in the house tank...etc... everything.
She on the other hand is not :wack:questioned on a purchases for the house. Outside or inside. A flat of flowers roll up, good. New toilet appears, OK, a "Hunny, kids need...." whatever...

Permission, not sought, not needed.

-
Back