best 440 heads

-

wiffs440fish

67 Barracuda FB 440/727 FS
Reaction score
i'm looking to swap out my old cast iron 440 heads(906) for a set of aluminum ones. not sure whats the best deal out there. want to shave some weight and also boost performance. any suggestions? bob 67-440 cuda

Want are your performance desires and what are the specs on your engine??

I purchased edelbrock rpm heads for my blower motor and I have to say I'm very pleased with the quality and the performance of these heads. They are a very good all around head that uses all stock Mopar parts ( rockers, headers, intake). They are reasonably priced and best part MADE IN AMERICA.

i'm looking to swap out my old cast iron 440 heads(906) for a set of aluminum ones. not sure whats the best deal out there. want to shave some weight and also boost performance. any suggestions? bob 67-440 cuda

Edelbrock has a few choices, 440Source has a head and Trick Flow has fully CNC ported heads.

I have 440 Source CNC ported heads on my 440. They were about $2000 for the set. I took them to a trusted cylinder head shop and had them check them over and they got the thumbs up. The main thing that is recommended is to remove and discard the springs, locks and retainers the come with and upgrade to better parts. The valves they come with are fine. The only thing I did not like was the pushrod holes needed a lot of work to get enough clearance for the rods. One huge bonus for me is the exterior of them looks like stock heads so you can paint them and they look like stock heads. I will say however, now that the Trick Flow heads are out I think they are a better value, If I were building my engine now I would likely go with the Trick Flow heads.

my 440 is out of a 73 new yorker, so low compression, purple shaft 284/484 cam, edelbrock CH4B intake, 750 edelbrock carb, TTI headers and 3" exhaust. no racing, just a street car with a wee bit of torque.

I've owned and used 2 sets of eddy RPM heads and have another set of ported eddys coming from Jim laroy. I can't complain at all...

BUT I have heard some promising things about the trick flows.

I'd contact jim laroy (IQ52 on here) on see what he recommends.

-
Back