best aluminum heads for 340

-

jjg73

Reaction score
i am looking to purchase a set of heads for my 340. it has been bored over .030, has federal mogul pistons (#7035p) 13.1-1 compression and a pretty agressive cam behind it. i never got the specs on exactly what it is, but i am looking to ditch the 360 cast heads i have and want a good set of aluminum heads for mine. rockers sit on a shaft and have an adjuster on the rear seat for pushrod clearance. any info would be great, thank you!!!

those 7035P have a big dome and "most" aluminum heads are small close chamber heads which will not work with big domes...

edelbrocks make an open chamber head, but dont know if it will work with your pistons.

an open chamber w2 head will work...but they are not aluminum...and yes..there are a few aluminum open chamber w2 heads floating around out there...

dont know about what is available from Indy Cylinder heads...someone will come along and give ya the info

At the moment, I can not think of an open chamber head in aluminum. The edelbrock heads do not cut it for a open chamber design, there just clearanced for the old pop up piston.

IMO, IF you can find old aluminum W2 heads with the big 72cc or so open chamber like your stock head, then that would be it. Otherwise, the iron W2 head will out flow the stock head in buckets of air more.

ya i had a hunch that i wouldnt be able to find much for my car haha. oh well maybe i just have an excuse to buy a BB for my car now lol...

Swap out the slugs (If the cylinder is good, just swap and balance, reinstal with new bearings, as cheap as it gets!) for a streetable compresion and run the Edelbrock heads or a MoPar head.

Just wondering if Brodix B1-BA heads open or closed chamber??

-
Back