Best Budget Build Motor

-
64, if that is all it needs, valve seals, that would be great.
The. 1,000 for a super charger? Tell me where I can get a set up that cheap!

1,000 for a super charger? Tell me where I can get a set up that cheap!

I've been telling myself I don't need this one all week!

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/4617522443.html

00T0T_aIzgj6xzktY_600x450.jpg

I havnt seen a 1k supercharger but I can get what I need for a turbo for around that. Lots of turbo stuff here local.

Who said it was cost effective? Me? I certainly hope you didn't think I said it. If you did you have misread it all.
You come on over any time your ready with your Magnum 360/380 and be prepared to lose your money vs. my Magnum 318 with ported heads.

When ever your ready pal. LMAO!

I'm not arguing the 360 is a bad move, just that he'll have to purchase the engine first. And at what cost. Then re equip it for more power. This MAY be something he wants to avoid. But! IF he gets a 360, IMO, that's great too.

If he wants to do the 318, and not the 360 because that's what he wants to do, then why don't you ethier help and get behind him or STFU and shove off the planet. Just stop by LINY so I can take your money first.

Who the heck said he was trying to prove anything with the 318?!
He just wants to build it up. He has to purchase the 360. Having access to one is not the same as having one in your pocket.

I starting to wonder what freaking planet your from!

You need to throttle back there turbo, nobody was being an *** here until you just posted that.
This isn't Moparts.

As far as nobody said it was cost effective, the thread is called best budget build. Maybe my public school education is failing be again but when somebody talks about doing something on a budget, unless they are the federal government, I figure they mean cost effective.

I hope your weekend improves, sounds like you are having a bad time.

Since you have the 5.2/318, check out the cylinder bores. These engines are known to still have cross hatch from the day they were machined. If you still have them, IMO, is skip the new slugs and just mill the heads a lite bit. Mic up the motor and figure out how far down the hole the pistons are and cc the head if you can. Get the cylinder head gasket specs and plug all the numbers into a calc for ratio. You really do not want to go past 9.5-1 for a street engine. 9.0-1 is just fine. Besides, you'll gain more from the head flow than you will with compression.

Where you want to focus is the heads breathing ability and then onto camshaft selection. This is were the engine will make power (with the heads) and recieve it's thumping orders from. (The cam, which dictates at what rpm it operates at and in.) later on down the line, you can pick up some EQ heads and have them set up ready to blot on with the head cc amount all ready worked into it and the valve job done, ported if need be.

While head work costs a lot, it can be the last thing on the list to do and you'll be rewarded with a good driver until you bolt on a nice power upgrade.

From this point, the compression ratio and cam should work together and be matched to a rear gear ratio and stall converter for the vehicle it will go in.
Everything else there after is simply basic bolt on's. Headers, exhaust, intake, carb, and what ever.

Even the stock heads, which may not flow so great, can perform very well. Getting 300/325 out of the stock long block should be easy to do. A mild cam can do this. Something like 210 or 216 intake duration @ .050 will do it. I myself would not really go beyond a duration @ .050 of 230 unless I was north of 9.0-1.

The use of a O.D. trans would be a real big help. You could drop the gear ratio to 4.10's and then get into the OD for a final drive ratio of 2.82.
Holy unlimited bananas...A mechanical post,that makes common sense ! Thanks,Robert: For one 2 minute ... intellectual post,that makes my day.

Holy unlimited bananas...A mechanical post,that makes common sense ! Thanks,Robert: For one 2 minute ... intellectual post,that makes my day.
Thanks
Yeaaaa, sometimes I still write stuff out long ways.

-
Back