Best Camaro burnout

-

GEO

Sarcasm Inc.
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HrqnW8VGVY"]'72' Camaro Z28 (Costly Burnout) - YouTube[/ame]

Oh dear.
What a shame, I like 2nd gen camaros.

Here's another.
[ame]http://youtu.be/fFdCKRlgQVQ[/ame]

Never understood why anyone would do this with a nicer car. I can see a beater. Lucky on the first video the tire wrapped around and hit the back of the car and nobody got killed.

Burn out, burn up, whatever.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RpdgJqLpOE"]Camaro catches on fire! - YouTube[/ame]

Never saw the point to that bullshit what a waste of time car and money. For what? a bunch of car Show idiots in the crowd.

Always have thought burnout contests were a bowl full of stupid. They have pretty much one purpose. On the dragstrip.

Never understood why anyone would do this with a nicer car. I can see a beater

Well the first car was in primer with a 50$ set of wheels and a set of junk yard tires. It either had an open rear or a broken posi. Body style was 2nd in the world of Camaros.

The 2nd car was a complete POS with an open rear.

The 3rd car that caught on fire was strange, all kinds of engine in the most sought after body style wit...and open rear.

The vette...that guy was just dumb.

I like to see a little burnout at a show or a cruise in etc..but these contests, yeah for the birds, agreed. Burn them till you blow them...oooohh I'm so impressed.

The guy in the yellow corvette was real proud of himself until his friend said it wasn't the tires:eek:ops:

After al that I think we need some cool and classy burnouts. (which are not easy to find)

Here's one.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0PpC4yf04"]1933 Ford Hot Rod burn-out Portsmouth Ohio - YouTube[/ame]

Meh burnouts get the crowd going. My car club will be helping to host the burnout "competition" at the race track this year. We don't allow cars o burn tires completely off. Each car has a set time limit. It's just a little half time show, nothing more.

Burnouts started in the burnout boxes at drag races and people realized that crowds love seeing the tires smoke. It became it's own mini "competition".

"no matter what you do in this world, it's guaranteed someone else will find it stupid"

Take Nascar for example, one of the stupidest forms of racing IMO. Nothing but turning left over and over for an entire day. It's the crashes that make it exciting. Same with burnouts. People hope to see tires exploding and causing damage.

I have a friend who thinks drag racing is stupid. His opinion is what is the point in seeing who the fastest person going in a straight line for 1/4 of a mile.

I worked too damn hard on my car to do that...
C

I found this as I was cleaning up my thread subscriptions. Ultimate Camaro burn out??

Attachments

• camaro_on_fire.jpeg
    6.8 KB · Views: 236
Never understood why anyone would do this with a nicer car.

Well the first car was in primer with a 50$ set of wheels and a set of junk yard tires. It either had an open rear or a broken posi. Body style was 2nd in the world of Camaros.

The 2nd car was a complete POS with an open rear.

The 3rd car that caught on fire was strange, all kinds of engine in the most sought after body style wit...and open rear.

The vette...that guy was just dumb.

I like to see a little burnout at a show or a cruise in etc..but these contests, yeah for the birds, agreed. Burn them till you blow them...oooohh I'm so impressed.
I was going to reply toEL5: They didn't.

either had an open rear .............................

What many don't understand about an "open rear" is that when you are spinning just one, it DOUBLES the wheels speed over both turning. So if you get the thing into high, and get 'er wound up, that one tire is doing WAY WAY over reasonable tire speed.

What many don't understand about an "open rear" is that when you are spinning just one, it DOUBLES the wheels speed over both turning. So if you get the thing into high, and get 'er wound up, that one tire is doing WAY WAY over reasonable tire speed.

Not to mention all that going directly through the spider gears and pin when only one spins.

-
Back