best carb for mild 318

-

65cudalover

Reaction score
What would be best choice for carb for mild street 318. Currently Holly 650 which is being tempermental. I am begining to think it may be better to just change to a new one but which one? 600cfm? Looking for help ideas suggestions from the masters of mopar!

Rebuild it or find yourself a used holley 4160 for $40-50 and rebuild it yourself. Make sure the throttle plate bushings are not worn out. Rebuild kit is like $20-$25 with reusable gaskets. Install 65-66 primary jets, 37 squirter and a 6.5 power valve and you should be really close. Just my .02

eddy 600's are good (thats what im running on my hopped up 318)

and I am really big fan of the holley 670 street avengers, great carb.

Or you can do like was mentioned and rebuild yours.

normally for me, holleys are tempermental and I have always had troubles with them blowing power valves and I find them more complicated to tune than an eddy.

but theres alot of guys that would swear by holley and love them......I guess it a personal preference thing.

Thermoquad. That ONE carburetor can stay with that 318 from stock to SLAM WILD and anything in between. It takes some finnese tolearn to tune them properly, but it is well worth the learning curve. Course yall knew I'd say that.

-
Back