best cylinder head

-
will do that. and valve springs are definitely not an issue. it doesn't nose over like its just dropping power just not gaining any.

Yes as mentioned call Ross and see if that piston is comparable with open chamber E heads.

Personally I'd prefer to have a closed chamber head and a piston with enough quench dome to get the compression I wanted.

Holy Mount Everest Batman!

I hope they fit a W2 because I don't know a big open chambered aluminum head.

putting an 850 king demon carb on it

Those are for armatures. lol

BIG BEAU.jpg

I'm not gonna say, I'm not gonna say it. Oh yes I am.......spell check won't work here.

I don't think i wanna delve into a car that needs one of those for my first fast car lol. I'm only 19 haha dumping 750 outta each paycheck to get it done

What's the story on this carb ? Interesting.........

They are made by BLP Racing Products. I think they are available in stupid CFM sizes like 3000-4000. About a dollar a CFM.

They are made by BLP Racing Products. I think they are available in stupid CFM sizes like 3000-4000. About a dollar a CFM.

What flange are they based on?

I wish I could get over 950 in a 4150 style

What flange are they based on?

I wish I could get over 950 in a 4150 style

I am not sure about that. With that stretched venturi design, It would have to ba their own flange style I imagine.

So my 340 seems to run out of steam right around 6700 rpm. Cam card states op range of 4500-7500 and my specs are 340 with 11.7-1 custom ross pistons forged, 302,309 duration .654/.655 lift solid roller comp cams cam, X heads with 2.02 valves, harland sharp 1.5 ratio rockers, super victor intake with a 750 berry grant carb on top. Any suggestions on the best heads i could run on this? seems to be what wipuld be holding it back the most

You could run huge carb on that...because the dinky ports, in comparison to the cid, pull the bahgeezuzz out it signal wise...
Do you have blackend intake plenum/runners under the carb?
I assume you must be so far into intake reversion, I bet you could change the cam to something flat tappet and smaller LIFT and turn in it in the 7k+rpms.
Either work the heads, not gonna get your money out of them parts surrounding'em though OR RPM'S, better yet buy some speed master or victor heads, depending upon what you are doing if it's rule based or tire limited.

Last edited:
Thanks, I really didn't think these existed.

Do you like annular or downleg boosters?
Foolishly I've never compared the two. I've just always gone to the downleg with the 4150. On the Dominator with E85 I used the annular because that is what it came with. I suppose I need to do some testing.

I did a little research on this.

Annular booster: multi port fuel distribution more restrictive to air flow. air speed increased , the fuel atomization efficiency tends to increase, but at the cost of some over all flow restriction

Strait booster: Less restrictive to air flow but single fuel distribution point limiting atomization

Annular boosters usually generate a higher vacuum signal strength from increased air velocity due to their being more restrictive than the down leg boosters, in an identical throttle bore size, allowing the use of larger carburetors and/or larger cams while still retaining good metering stability. This promotes better throttle response, fuel economy, and much better mixture distribution, especially at lower engine speeds.

Strait boosters work well at wide open throttle on larger displacement car engines at higher rpms

A 950 HP is a 850 1.750" base plate with a 750 1.375" venturi main body, they flow in the low 800 cfm range. I had a Bigs 950 HP with a 1.40" venturi on my 434, I replaced the main body with a BLP 1.59" billet main body. BLP told me it would flow 1050-1100 cfm, it's a lot cheaper than buying another carb.

BLP on the left, 1.400" HP on the right.
IMG_1267_zpsqip2ejlr.jpg

It's 10 oz lighter too.
IMG_1269_zpssu1vmeud.jpg

Last edited:
I see now it didn't load right.

It's a dyno comparison of 2 carbs on the same engine done by HRM. One carb is s downleg, the other an annular. The runs were 1800-5700. The peak numbers differed a little with the nod to the downleg. The entire area under the curve was drastically dominated by the annular carb.

it will have an all out tub job, frame rail work, 10 point cage, dana 60 with 31x16.5 dot slicks 5.38:1 gears, 4 speed with a scattershield and all that and a vertigate setup. also a cool fact about the dart is it is the number 1 dart off the line from L.A for 1969 sequence number 00001. factory radio delete car with the full trim piece on the dash and everything. turqoise with a white top

Oh god. I could see minitubs maybe, and its your car, but man, I wouldn't cut that thing up like that.

I got a 26x8.5 hoosier slicks on my stock wheelhouse dart and went 1.3x 60' times with it. You don't really need that steamroller these days.

Oh god. I could see minitubs maybe, and its your car, but man, I wouldn't cut that thing up like that.

I got a 26x8.5 hoosier slicks on my stock wheelhouse dart and went 1.3x 60' times with it. You don't really need that steamroller these days.

true, 10.50 is cutoff. Small tire/big tire class.

It's always been about the suspension and traction to get your *** moving. It's just harder in the street to get a low 1.3x type of 60'. Though a 10.5 will not get the cops looking at you to hard where steam rollers will.

Yeah i did actually decide i wanna do a mini tub and keep the car mostly original metal instead of hacking it apart.

-
Back