best deal on lower ball joints?

-

Tawny Demon

Reaction score
I am hopping for some help, if anyone can tell me what is the best deal on a set of lower ball joints for my 71 demon? The cost is one thing I would like to keep low, if any one can help thanks.

I dunno. Never heard about it. Myself I bought Moog.

cracked, that is not funny. I sat there and stared and was frightened when my screen saver came on!

i agree, rockauto. ive never personally had a problem with moog brand stuff...but to each their own..there will be pros and cons on every product out there..

didn't dan show that the moog bj's are no different than the cheapies and the good ones are from PST or something???

I have heard that the low end ball joints and bushings don't last. Not sure if that is true or who's are the best and worst. The Moog joints that I recieved and used looked and felt the part of a quality ball joint. I guess they could all be the same or at least made at the same place. But I have been happy with the Moog quality. I'll add that I can't see or feel any difference in the Moog parts from the ones I bought eight years ago and the ones I bought last year. So the argument that they aren't as good as they once were doesn't carry much weight with me.

My opinion is that Moog is better quality over all...
I do a lot of front end work at my shop and the cheaper stuff is always harder to install and I have had come backs on them,mainly on Ford trucks and vans.
Moog outsources their products all over the world,hate to say it but china stuff works if they are quality controlled by the company that they are making for...
Yes Moog quality seems to be less than 5 years ago...You get what you pay for !!!
Just my 2 cents,
TXDart

My opinion is that Moog is better quality over all...
I do a lot of front end work at my shop and the cheaper stuff is always harder to install and I have had come backs on them,mainly on Ford trucks and vans.
Moog outsources their products all over the world,hate to say it but china stuff works if they are quality controlled by the company that they are making for...
Yes Moog quality seems to be less than 5 years ago...You get what you pay for !!!
Just my 2 cents,
TXDart

x2

You get what you pay for !!!
Just my 2 cents,
TXDart[/QUOTE]

Nope you dont. North American companies outsourced thier manufacturing to China because it cost them less money to make,and sold the lesser quality product under same brand name without passing thier savings on to you,as they are still charging the same if not more for it.

You get less for your money than ever. The same brand names but inferior quality.False advertising IMHO.

there is a set of Disc LBJ's in the for sale section, 50 a set aint bad at all. I like Rockauto too, 3 different classes of parts sometimes, although the class is just buying a longer warranty in my opinion.

I wouldnt mind buying just suspension part if they were available locally,but and this is a big one; I wont deal with mail order comppanies if at all possible. Expensive shipping,doubtfull return policies,poor customer service etc. Every company I've bought from via the internet has burned me on shipping with the exception of Amazon.
Buying carefully there sometimes results in free shipping.
Im NOT saying that just suspension falls into this category,but ya pays your money and ya takes yer chances when you dont get to deal face to face. I'd MUCH rather deal with the guys here at Fabo (have had nothing but great experiences here!) or buy local.

I wouldnt mind buying just suspension part if they were available locally,but and this is a big one; I wont deal with mail order comppanies if at all possible. Expensive shipping,doubtfull return policies,poor customer service etc. Every company I've bought from via the internet has burned me on shipping with the exception of Amazon.
Buying carefully there sometimes results in free shipping.
Im NOT saying that just suspension falls into this category,but ya pays your money and ya takes yer chances when you dont get to deal face to face. I'd MUCH rather deal with the guys here at Fabo (have had nothing but great experiences here!) or buy local.

I agree with the buy FABO and buy local, but in my opinion if I cant get what I want on FABO or local, there is no other option but to catalog shop. I havent heard any bad things about "just suspension", but if someone has had issues with them I would definitely listen. If someone has an old Moog and do a cutaway compared to JS I would like to see it. No offense, but agreeing to disagree and just my opinion.

-
Back