Best drag racing stance

-

elitesrock2

Reaction score
one thing i'm curious about as i'm putting my 69 dart together as a drag car right now is the best stance for it. The look is a factor but also for function and weight transfer success. what are your guys opinions on this. As far as I can tell just from google images is most of them appear to have minimal rake to them. I'll be running to 2800lb left ss springs and a snubber. probably running mid 10s. do you lose much having alot of rake?

The amount of rake a car has is mostly due to the need for tire clearance. Or should be.
Loose much of what?

I like the old school look. I like "some distance" between the top of the rear tires and the rear wheel opening. As for the front, I like it sitting stock, or even "a little high" but lower than the rear.

Cars that sit up like that always look more "muscular" to "me".

Everyone has their favorite.

Sorta like this.......

R234-1.jpg

I like mine with BB T bars and SS springs. I do want to lower the front a tad. I'm still experimenting before it becomes road worthy.

Picture 4490.jpg

The owner of that car most likely has some form of copulation with some version of a female and reproduces.

mine is a retired 1/8th mile car - PO did 6.90's on nitrous - I have upped the front and back less than an inch each so the stance is the same, only the height has changed.. she still goes like hell -- it's hard to tell from the angle of the pic, but it sits JUST like SPACECOWBOY's car
DaScamp.jpg

one thing i'm curious about as i'm putting my 69 dart together as a drag car right now is the best stance for it. The look is a factor but also for function and weight transfer success. what are your guys opinions on this. As far as I can tell just from google images is most of them appear to have minimal rake to them. I'll be running to 2800lb left ss springs and a snubber. probably running mid 10s. do you lose much having alot of rake?
you're going to want to start with something about even front to back... with a nod to a slight forward rake and experiment from there.. are you running an adjustable snubber?

I run SS springs. Had trouble making it hook until I put lowering blocks in the rear. I like the look of my stance better now and I LOVE the way it hooks. Here are a couple pics sitting still and one with wheels up.

Dart 2.JPG

Dart 1.JPG

Dart 21.PNG

Sorry triple-R, I know you like to keep diversity but this is a Mopar Forum so I would like to give what I believe would be a better example of what we actually both agree on. If I may?
View attachment 1715048713
Ok, maybe a little overboard... LOL

Naw thats super cool. Just about right.

I do not like the rear jacked up so I put 2 inch lowering blocks under my Demon with SS springs. I had a best 60 ft. of 1.36 on a 100 shot of Nitrous. This is a full interior bench seat street car.
Demon 2 001.jpg

White Dart > 5" , front end travel, then what ever @ rear, to clear the rear wheels, custom leafs, moved in to the frame rails

Green Dart > same, except mono spring / calvert
set-up

069_zpsyctaiyf2.jpg

016-1-1_zpsa3417ce1.jpg

002_zpsiaagjdxr.jpg

004_zpsxf4a74cq.jpg

Unless you have altered your front end components you will probably need to put your front ride height down to the bump stops in order to give you enough front end travel for decent weight transfer.

-
Back