best fan option out there?

-
The MP fan drives 1:1 at idle and very low engine speeds. Find an old MP or Direct Connection book. They give specifics. I have owned several. They will cut your finger off at idle because they are driving 1:1. That's why they are so loud when the engine is hot.

You can also take the bimetal spring out of the bracket, wrap it one to two full turns around and lock the fan slam up all the time.

Just got back from the junkyard
(My boys school had a 2 hour delay due to fog so my 6 year old got to tag along)

I picked up a 5 blade assimetrical unit with the spring on the front for...10 bucks

I put it through the motions and going by post 24 it should do fine

I'll report back once it is installed

If buying a used clutch fan look for grease/oil build up. If it's there it needs a new clutch and will eventually fail and they should always be stored upright

I had problems cooling My 408 Valiant, with a 22", 2 row, aluminum radiator with 1" tubes. -- Did The Following -- 7 Blade steel Mopar fan - Shroud, from Classic industries -- Overdrive the water pump/fan, ( crank pulley is larger than the water pump pulley), pulleys from March --- OD was a key. -- 50 - 50 mix, anti freeze & water. -- Cooled fine.

I guess I miss measured the pedestal on this fan
it bolts in place just fine (though arguable a little close to the radiator) and I thought that with the blades on the back of the clutch, that would move them out far enough

I guess not

she sure makes a nice rap-a-tap-tap with each blade that hits the radiator tank :banghead:

so, it is back to the drawingboard

-
Back