best fitting headers 65 barracuda

-

foxmopar585

Reaction score
hey who makes the best fitting headers for 1965 barracuda .this car is a 1965 barracuda with 360 crate motor. please help frist time frist gen barracuda biuld :banghead: thanks steve

Hands down the Dougs.

Never tried TTi's, I have a set of Doug's "D" Dart headers on my 65 Barracuda, I like them, had to ding a tube to clear the coupling on the steering column. Pay attention to your engine mounts, if they are old and crushed, may be a problem.
good luck!

the tti are bigger tube and collectors.. very very tight in the torsion bar area if you have anything other then a stock bar.

always heard good things about the dougs on an early a...

carlisle09%20266.jpg

carlisle09%20267.jpg

carlisle09%20268.jpg

carlisle09%20269.jpg

I am considering the same question for my 66 Dart. I have no first hand knowledge of either of the choices. What I have found is that the TTI headers have larger tubes and collectors, they are also less money and from those I have talked to say they fit well once in place but not easy going in initially. The Dougs I have been told are also very tough getting in and sometimes need some adjusting as was mentioned earlier. I think I am going to go with the TTI.
Best of luck with your choice,
Rodney

"TTI headers have larger tubes and collectors, they are also less money".............Tubes are larger, however I've heard that they require a special starter, BIG$$$$, and you hack saw/grind boss's off the bell housing for clearance; so it comes around to be about the same$$$, time and effort.

Headers and Early "A's" are problematic from the get-go; never been easy and probably never will be.

Good luck with what ever you do; show us pictures when done.

-
Back