Best flowing big block heads?

-
Get a set of the Indys EZ, regular port. If you get the itch the go faster, send them out to get ported. All hardware will fit them. Call MArsh Performance in Salsbury, NC. HE will give you a great price on the kit if you want it.

The itch will happen sooner than you think. My 2 cents.

Well I hated scrappin um too, but I needed money at the time. i said in my posts I was gonna scrap um if I didn't get offers. That meant i would have taken SCRAP PRICES but nobody offered. I said "make offer". Can't be any more clear than that.

Dont sweat it Dude. If scrap weight price doesnt get you a pm then loading them in the truck for a ride to scrap heap is in order.... JMHO

when I seperated from my then-wife, I scrapped just short of 5 tons of iron. Heads, blocks, cranks, rods, complete longblocks... Stuff I had been collecting and accumulating since I was in my teens. At that point in my life cars were a depressive trigger for me. I needed to get rid of it immediately for my own emotional state. Felt great :)

If any one needs heads in Canada,Ontario,Quebec,or the upper north east,I have some 30sets of small block and mostly big block heads,426 hemi heads and old hemi heads from the 40 and 50s,.
Heads are only as good as the cam being used to work the heads.Its of no use to buy a head that goes to .700 lift if you install a cam of only .500 and never intend to go to 7000rpm,you wasted 2-3 grand.The other factor is the cylinder feeding the port,to big a port for a small bore,your screwed.You have screwed your self out of 20-30% of the power of that head.Most of the heads out there are for big motors with big cams,so chose your heads with real world applacation,mrmopartech

If any one needs heads in Canada,Ontario,Quebec,or the upper north east,I have some 30sets of small block and mostly big block heads,426 hemi heads and old hemi heads from the 40 and 50s,.
Heads are only as good as the cam being used to work the heads.Its of no use to buy a head that goes to .700 lift if you install a cam of only .500 and never intend to go to 7000rpm,you wasted 2-3 grand.The other factor is the cylinder feeding the port,to big a port for a small bore,your screwed.You have screwed your self out of 20-30% of the power of that head.Most of the heads out there are for big motors with big cams,so chose your heads with real world applacation,mrmopartech

VERY WELL SAID !
We see it all the time, guys get caught up in that "swinging dick" head Flow thing, going for flow they can never use efficiently, and forgetting that a Flowbench is NOT a Dyno ?
End up with an expensive terd !

Hard to beat the Victor Max Wedge head.

Will they flow like B1's or Predators... no.

Still capable of putting out 800+ hp

Need to figure out your HP goals/budget and make a selection based up that. Ported RPM and stealths can get in the 700's for HP if everything else is right.

agree.

my buddys 72 Cuda is a nice example of what the Eddy heads can do . 508ci with ported Rpm's went 9.20 ...... he went to alcohol and ported Victors and has been around 8.80 , this is on motor , it doesnt have any power adders.... The car is light but it sure does boogie :tonqe:

An engine builder I know told me that the 915 heads I have on my 400 will perform better than a set of Max Wedge heads.
The reason is that my current build does flow enough volume to use the big ports of the wedge heads. He also said that these 915s with the work(porting) that has been done to them...they will support 650hp. So the current 475hp these heads should be fine. I dont know if this makes any difference but the block has been zero decked and heads surfaced given me right at 10:1.

Edelbrock RPM heads are the best solution for most street/strip type motors. You have to be fairly serious racer before you need anything better than the RPM head.

Edelbrock RPM heads are the best solution for most street/strip type motors. You have to be fairly serious racer before you need anything better than the RPM head.

What he said.
In terms of iron heads, 915s with the 1.74 exh valve are my first choice, followed by the 452s because of the exhaust port. The 906s are good, but i like the later exh port more. Any engine needs the right relationship in terms of cam, rpm range, port volume, and port flow.

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I just wanted to post my results with Eddy RPM's and mild bowl work. This is a 517" "B" block 11ish:1, small solid roller.

Attachments

• 512dyno.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 553
In the process of building a 440/464 and using the RPM heads with a good valve job. IMO they were the compromise between performance/quality/cost......they will be way more than enough for our power goals. Agree with Moper, all depends on what you want to do with car and how much you want to spend....

-
Back