Best guess on 416 motor

-
Ian - depends which one you use - they were "changed" as time went on. The Hale calculator is the formula Moroso used.

Ian - depends which one you use - they were "changed" as time went on. The Hale calculator is the formula Moroso used.

i like moroso hp it show 800 hp for my shitter , i have the engine pulled out i am giving her a birthday man i have found 80 more hp in it ,should go a little better now:D

I have a breather on the passenger side and a pcv on driver side.look close. under the hoses its there.

What did it 60' and MPH at 1/8 and 1/4?

X2...............One of the calculators i looked at shows you may be a little light on the back half. If you didn't back out because of the 11.50 and your not over geared, timing and jetting will probably pick it up enough to get in the low 40's as it sits.

X2...............One of the calculators i looked at shows you may be a little light on the back half. If you didn't back out because of the 11.50 and your not over geared, timing and jetting will probably pick it up enough to get in the low 40's as it sits.

ya I did lift at 1000ft as not to get kicked of track till roll bar goes in.

4.10 gears 28" hoosiers
950 q-fuel stock

But ya it would have run a 11.40 for sure still short of a 10.90 LOL:burnout:

This is just ballpark numbers, but to bust that 11.00 barrier you'll need numbers closer to 1.53 60ft and 120.0 mph. Not sure exactly where you stand because of the aborted runs, but will probably take some susp./converter tweaks and possibly a little more power. You'll get there with a little work and to me that's half the fun:D.

Just looking at the rest of your build, I think you are down on power somewhere...I would start investigating. I would think you should be in the 6.7's at about 100 mph in the 1/8 (when you get the bugs worked out).

If you let off I can see it being at least 11.4 with 116-118 mph, but that combo is bigger then the 410 that Brian built and he ran 11 flat first time out then 10.9. I think your carb is not tuned to the best and maybe mess with the timing. Maybe that converter is not efficient?

If you let off I can see it being at least 11.4 with 116-118 mph, but that combo is bigger then the 410 that Brian built and he ran 11 flat first time out then 10.9. I think your carb is not tuned to the best and maybe mess with the timing. Maybe that converter is not efficient?

Yes no tuning has been done just 33 deg timing and
950 QF
78 jets pri
86 jets sec
33 pri nozzle
35 sec nozzle
4.5 power valve

4.10 gears
28" hoosiers

Fresh 4200 stall from TCS

Yes no tuning has been done just 33 deg timing and
950 QF
78 jets pri
86 jets sec
33 pri nozzle
35 sec nozzle
4.5 power valve

4.10 gears
28" hoosiers

Fresh 4200 stall from TCS

What is the Vacuum in gear and idle?
try messing with the timing going to 34-36 as long as it doesnt ping.
1in open spacer for dual plane or 4 hole single plane, to help lean it out a bit. If not I would mess with the jetting. How do the plugs look? And where is the little burn mark on the tip of the spark plug?

33* is not much timing for a sbm I've seen some run the best at 38-39* take advantage of doing some testing even 60ft and 330ft will give you the numbers your looking for starters. I agree the converter might be to tight.

33* is not much timing for a sbm I've seen some run the best at 38-39* take advantage of doing some testing even 60ft and 330ft will give you the numbers your looking for starters. I agree the converter might be to tight.

Ya lots of tuning to do. Bought a set of cal tracs but won't have them on for weekend. I'll up the timing a bit to see what that does. What is everyone else shifting at with these 4" cranks? Even better question what jets are guys running with a super victor and a 950 quickfuel carb?? :burnout:

If the convertor is sliding until 5K rpm as you noted in the PM IMO that's a big problem with 4.10s. You need to calculate slippage when you can keep the hammer down. Something tells me the convertor is part of problem.

I'm not a fan of the SV intakes unless you are spinning some big RPM. IMO, 6K on a 400-420 incher is not big RPM.

The car is a little weak in 60'. The front end of your car plays a bigger part in how it leaves than the rear. the converter is a huge part both here and the big end.

I don't know what you have for fuel lines, but, that will play a big role here as well.

If you chopped at 1000', take about .15-.2 off the time and add maybe 3-4 mph to your numbers as that's likely where it would have run.

IMO, that set up should run above 120mph in the 1/4, closer to 122 minimum. It should have a bunch more in it.

I'm not a fan of the SV intakes unless you are spinning some big RPM. IMO, 6K on a 400-420 incher is not big RPM.

The car is a little weak in 60'. The front end of your car plays a bigger part in how it leaves than the rear. the converter is a huge part both here and the big end.

I don't know what you have for fuel lines, but, that will play a big role here as well.

If you chopped at 1000', take about .15-.2 off the time and add maybe 3-4 mph to your numbers as that's likely where it would have run.

IMO, that set up should run above 120mph in the 1/4, closer to 122 minimum. It should have a bunch more in it.

Car has 1/2" line and big pump fuel is not a problem.
What intake is good for this combo?
Jetting is going up 2 sizes for tommorrow and see how that is.
This will be 1st carb tuning. lots to do just need more time.

The 416 ran 10.85 @125 . I bought a new car last fall with a cage, ladder, bars. etc Got car as a roller and put my engine and tranny in with same converter {727} and all. The new car has 4.56 gears 31x13 tire. Just thought you guys needed a update .

Attachments

• racecar76.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 448
I would run a 9 x 30 tire less rotating mass. Just my .02

Ray

A bit of chassis tuning should see mid 10's at that speed.
Nice car.
Mick

Yes that ET is out of the box. Still got to jet carb properly and set up the shooters etc., find the proper timing it likes only @ 32 Degress. And I have a 904 that is getting built with a 5000 stall. I used my 727 with 4000 stall. Just so i could run it on the weekend. Thanks to all that gave me advice.:cheers:

Best ET with the new 904 based tranny is 10.563 @ 123.46mph
So a .29 ET faster with the new tranny and converter.
Still some fine tuning to do now that the base line is set.
I'm happy all in all. Thanks for all that posted.:burnout:

Best pass to date now is 10.33@129mph with a 1.39 60ft.
Put a Dana 60 in over the winter, and did some jetting.
That is what the motor is doing. Good guessing everyone.

:burnout:

-
Back