• ride the lightening

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • master of puppets

Votes: 84 46.9%
  • and justice for all

Votes: 27 15.1%

• Total voters
-
saw them play a small venue before they were big.

was at monsters of rock at the los angeles coliseum when all hell broke loose... as soon as they started playing thousands of people rushed down from their seats to the field. i was already on the floor, it was crazy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc11Og9Qmh0"]Metallica - riot at Metallica concert - Monsters Of Rock - 24-07-1988 - YouTube[/ame]

...and Justice for All is my vote. For some reason I did like death magnetic.

PS~

Thanks for leaving it at ...And Justice For All.

Cliff Burton was amazing. This band cut their teeth covering Misfits tunes.

I stopped listening to them after the black album. **** just wasn't the same. My two fav's are master of puppets / and justice for all, It was hard to pick only master of puppets on this poll !

YOU were so concerned that you DID ask.

your right I did ask, hence the poll. If your not a fan, that's cool. But keep your thoughts to your self next time and move on to the next thread .....

Anymore,anything like this,kicks ***. When everything that sells,is Disney based,I wanna puke.

I had to go with Master of Puppets because that was the first album I was introduced to. Saw them open for Ozzy during that tour, Cliff Burton was still making magic with the bass. They blew Ozzy away (he was totally blitzed and barely sang anything). I think Burton died about 3 months later. Saw them a few more times after that as well, but that show really sticks in my mind 30 years later!

Anymore,anything like this,kicks ***. When everything that sells,is Disney based,I wanna puke.
tellin yu bud....anyway,me and my cousin used to go drink beers with cliff and lars in hayward .we helped them load the tourbus ....the tour he didnt come back from.now theyre to big to accnoledge us even at car shows.rather listen to y and t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically.

Metallica is not. They were.

I'm not the biggest Metallica head out there, but I just chuck them in the good pile of heavy vinyl, along with the likes of D.R.I., Faith No More, Helmet, King Diamond, Death, Sabbath, Pentagram, Type O Negative... some of the basics.

I can't get enough Ghost, lately.

To me, Metallica was good and I'll remember what it was during those times and continue to enjoy it, without mucking it up beyond the '80's.

personally I think u should have added more but my favs arnt on that list half of one is (jump in the fire ep) and I really like the speed of (no life till leather)
but being a late 80's child the black album was my soundtrack but my vote was for ride the lightning the song trapped under ice sends chills .

IMO the newest album is the best of the new millennium metallica after black my vote would go to load or reload .

i do love volbeat, never heard ghost tho. i have all metallica cds except st anger. and since were bringing the other ones into it my fav is still justice but load and reload did bring a nice melody to the mix of attitude. and while speed is fun ( whiplash!) i do enjoy the melodic stuff more, such as harvester of sorrow, black album, ect ect.

I just couldn't get past the "black" album. To me they were never the same, and Black doesn't even compare to the 4 I listed. I mean, c'mon .... I can blast leper messiah over and over !!!! They're newer stuff just doesn't have that same attitude ... I find myself lately listening to a lot of the metal from that era, pisses my wife off !

I just couldn't get past the "black" album. To me they were never the same, and Black doesn't even compare to the 4 I listed. I mean, c'mon .... I can blast leper messiah over and over !!!! They're newer stuff just doesn't have that same attitude ... I find myself lately listening to a lot of the metal from that era, pisses my wife off !

have you never heard aint my *****, prince charming, attitude, wasting my hate? 97 metallica still had plenty of attitude wether their hair was there or not. but im still a huge fan to this day of all the albums.

Basically.

Metallica is not. They were.

I'm not the biggest Metallica head out there, but I just chuck them in the good pile of heavy vinyl, along with the likes of D.R.I., Faith No More, Helmet, King Diamond, Death, Sabbath, Pentagram, Type O Negative... some of the basics.

I can't get enough Ghost, lately.

To me, Metallica was good and I'll remember what it was during those times and continue to enjoy it, without mucking it up beyond the '80's.

My favorite band ever!

I'm a big no, huge fan of the song "Helpless" perhaps my fave.

I know they didn't write it but it's an incredible performance.

Several times during the song, you think it just can't get any heavier, but then it does!

I can pretty much list the official "time of death" as the track where Hetfield haronizes with himself, repeating the words "your ***, your ***, your ***...."

-
Back