• ride the lightening

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • master of puppets

Votes: 84 46.9%
  • and justice for all

Votes: 27 15.1%

• Total voters
-
Metallica "Rockin' the Double R Bar Ranch" with Roy Rogers and Dale Evens, sittin' in.

"Smokin"!

When I was hurt during the gulf war, laying in a hospital not being able to see (shrapnel to the eyes) my buddy gave me his cd player with some Metallica cd's and I listened to them over and over for weeks on end. That was the first introduction to Metallica and I've been a fan ever since. I love Master of Puppets, and to this day, when I hear that song, I stop what I'm doing and go back to 1992 and just reminice of laying in the hospital, blind, and in a foriegn land, not speaking the language and rocking out in my head.

Dude, A) Thank you, from the bottom of my heart B) That is seriously a story they should know about. They got me through Algebra and Trig in 1983, they obviously got you though so much more... let 'em know.They're humans too.

The rock scene,SUCKED in 82,83. Other than Iron maiden,and Priest. I grew up ,in this era. Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer ,lit a fuse.......

The rock scene,SUCKED in 82,83. Other than Iron maiden,and Priest. I grew up ,in this era. Metallica/Megadeth/Slayer ,lit a fuse.......

Geez! Tim! Have they apologized yet? :poke:

oh, btw....

Metallica, "The Golden Years"
Featuring Karen Carpenter, Bread, Seals and Croft, and, of course, The legend, himself, Michael Jackson.

Pretty much think all of there albums are great.....up until the Reload crap came out....

Selection of some decent albums released in 1982...
If I have time, I'll get 1983.

Besides the aforementioned Iron Maiden and Judas Priest-

Scorpions- Blackout
Talking Heads with Psycho Killer
Misfits- walk Among Us
Toto with Rosanna and Africa
Madness with One Step Beyond
Van Halen Diver Down (although the beginning of the end)
Rainbow- Straight Between the Eyes
Heart with Cities Burning
Fear- The Record (AWESOME)
Stray cats- Built for Speed
Billy Idol with White Wedding
Golden Earing with Twighlight Zone
Rush- Signals
Peter Gabriel with Shock the Monkey
Diamond Head with Am I Evil
Accept- Restless and Wild
The Fixx with Stand or Fall
Missing Persons with Destination Unknown and Words
Sammy Hagar- Three Lock Box
Violent Femmes with Blister in the Sun
Night Ranger with Don’t Tell Me You Love Me
Donnie iris with The High and The Mighty
Neil Young with a cool version of Mr Soul
Eddie Grant with Electric Ave
[FONT=&quot]Dead Kennedys Plastic Surgery Disasters[/FONT]

BTW Number of the Beast lost out to Thriller for #1 in '82!

Unless you count Rush. they were bad *** in the early 80s

I vote for Justice... this was the time when they had fully honed their skills as writers and musicians and before they went commercial/gay

Metallica "Sensitive Sides"... featuring "If you had both legs would you dance with me", and their stirring rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Heavy Metal was Never Heavier or more heartfelt.

My favourite is RIDE THE LIGHTNING, But I just recently replaced my VERY SCRATCHED copy of the "BLACK ALBUM". And I was reminded what an IMPORTANT ALBUM it was. The "BLACK ALBUM', and Nirvana's "NEVERMIND" came out at basically the same time. GRUNGE was huge, and Metallica managed to stay SIGNIFICANT because the "BLACK ALBUM" could not be ignored.

Metallica and Jenna Jameson with Ron Jeremy featuring Wendy Whoppers on "Climb the Mountains and see the Valleys".

My favourite is RIDE THE LIGHTNING, But I just recently replaced my VERY SCRATCHED copy of the "BLACK ALBUM". And I was reminded what an IMPORTANT ALBUM it was. The "BLACK ALBUM', and Nirvana's "NEVERMIND" came out at basically the same time. GRUNGE was huge, and Metallica managed to stay SIGNIFICANT because the "BLACK ALBUM" could not be ignored.

you make a very good point, they did come out close to each other. Both albums were huge !

Good point. I saw Metallica on the Black tour. It was during the definitive transition into grunge. However, Nevermind became a cultural icon.

During those times I thought Alice in Chains closed the gap between heavy metal and grunge quite well.

Nice to put AIC in perspective.

I was getting into AIC, Nine Inch Nails, and Ministry at the time...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuk62WtK4sk"]Ministry - "Jesus Built My Hot Rod" - YouTube[/ame]

Attachments

• jbmh.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 182
Saw Alice In Chains in 1993, and Metallica in the summer of 1994, ( Summer **** Tour). In Vancouver. Alice in Chains was actually supposed to play at the Metallica show as well. Layne Staley had just went into REHAB at the time, and James Hetfield talked a LOT OF **** about it onstage that day. That kind of bugged me. And yes, I do agree that A.I.C, and Soundgarden kind of BRIDGED THE GAP between Metallica, and Nirvana. I have always said that MY GENERATION "borrowed" Led Zeppelin from our parents, but that Nirvana, Metallica, A.I.C, etc, BELONGED TO US ! Thanks for Zeppelin, Dad ! And even better.......My 70 340 Swinger.........

Soundgarden latest album "King Animal" (Nov 2012) is definitely worth checking out!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aczhcs0G9lM"]Soundgarden - Blood on The Valley Floor.3gp - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back