Best Modern Seats?

-

70DusterDev

Reaction score
I have the factory 1970 340 seats with the Mopar badge on the headrest that look fantastic. They are just shaped like a seat from 1970. I'm getting ready to do the alterktion front end to convert the car to coilovers and rack and pinion to make it a better car to drive more, so I'd like something that is comfortable to sit in every day that also holds you in like a modern bucket seat. If I have to go with Corbeaus I will but I was just hoping to see what everyone else has done.

I have seen a number of early a body guys using Chrysler Sebring convertible seats. They can be had for cheap from junk yards. Most of the people that did this hooked up the module that is part of the seat. This allows the driver seat to be power. This seat is also a high back bucket that offers a built in 3 point seatbelt. Offers increased safety for our old cars.

custom covered seats from a junkyard. Everything from Audi to BMW are going to have pretty nice seats, you can even go power and heated..

I sure like the seats in my 2004 BMW 330Ci convertible (common in wrecking yards these days). Very comfortable and have heaters, BUT one of the features they have may not be available when put in another car, the memory function. One of the best seats that I have ever had, but probably impossible to find today is old Dodge Daytona enthusiast seat.

Procar Rally Series 1000 Seats 80-1000-51L

SCA-80-1000-51L_SN_xl.jpg

This is what I ended up going with. They are a little pricey but they really look like they're built to match the current interior.

just ordered Procar Elite buckets - from Summit - they were $25 cheaper than ordering direct from Procar and shipping was free - just have to wait for them to arrive

I went with TMI seats, and got extra material and had the rear made to match.
20190817_191315.jpg

I went with TMI seats, and got extra material and had the rear made to match.
View attachment 1715454387

Nice, I have early front mustang seats in my 64 Valiant. I was gonna get TMI bolster foam and new covers for the front.
Is your rear seat the original one? Did you just ask them for extra material to match? Did you have a shop do it?
FA724A84-CA46-4E30-9EDD-FB03C9C0C3DF.jpeg

Nice, I have early front mustang seats in my 64 Valiant. I was gonna get TMI bolster foam and new covers for the front.
Is your rear seat the original one? Did you just ask them for extra material to match? Did you have a shop do it?
View attachment 1715454590

Yes, I ordered extra material from tmi, took one of the new front seats and my original rear seat and had a local shop do the work.

20200119_151605.jpg
20200119_151911_HDR.jpg
20200119_151943_HDR.jpg
BMW. Full power. Unknown model.
Was at a biddies shop and they were headed for the dumpster. Got 2 boxes of seat covers from another buddy. They were headed for the garbage as well.
All for free...
Wagon is gonna be a " rat rod" / daily driver/ parts getter / swap meet stuff hauler etc. etc. So l really don't care.
Better than sitting on what is in it now.

19C5A49B-A9C4-4970-90ED-C9D40101089B.jpeg

I put some Scat Rally cloth seats in my car for Drag Week because my co-pilot refused to sit in race buckets for a 1000 miles, they are perfect seats for every day use. Way better than the leather factory high backs I have in one of my other cars.

A couple of us have used the Cadillac CTS seats with integrated seat belts. Very comfy but heavy. I have the rear seat to match in my 69 Dart. Still a project.

I am considering going to 4 bucket seats in my Notch. Has anyone done this? What seats and any pictures?
I did in my fastback, 4 Neon seats. front are stock assemblies with modified feet and rear risers . The rear backs are modified for the tub (headrests removed also) and the right rear base is modified for the offset tunnel. Junkyard price was $50 per seat.

I saw this Duster at the Mopar Nats last summer in the for sale coral. The guy said they were Volkswagon seats bought at a salvage yard for a couple hundred bucks. They were power / lumbar adjustable and VERY comfortable.

IMG_3100.JPG

I have installed BMW M3 Cab Seats with integrated 3-point seat belts. I made some sturdy brackets to attach the seats to the original bolt holes. I have also fitted angular steel rods underneeth the floor. But how do you guys strengthen the floor to accomodate for the momentum of a potential collision? If the seat tears the anchor bolts up through the floor pan, the 3-point seat belt seat actually reduces safety...

3172A592-394D-490C-B05B-BC5F2C8CC523.jpeg

-
Back