Best older Dodge pickup for daily use?

-
Well for starters, things that need fixed asap:

-Brakes (really mushy pedal, dash light comes on from time to time). He gave me a new master cylinder to put in, but it might just be a line leak. Haven't looked into it yet.
-Heater (yeah, it doesn't get even warm, and the fan only blows up in the defroster dash part, won't come out front vents). I can't recall right now but I think it's equipped with a/c. I'll have to check. I doubt it works if it does.
-broken motor mount on passenger side (should be easy enough to fix. I hope.)
-steering pulls to the right (might be tires, or maybe front suspension needing some new parts and alignment. I'm guessing that broken motor mount with the engine leaning to the right might not help, I dunno lol.)

Other minor yet annoying details that need attention:
-Tailgate handle won't open tailgate, you have to pop the latches manually.
-gear indicator broken, so you have to go by feel to put into gear. And it's strange shifting into park or 1st. It will go, but it's like the spring action of going into the home parking position is worn out. You have to push it forward yourself or you can't get the key out.
- No dome or cargo lights working
-cracked windshield (I'm in Ohio and a county where inspection for this is nil, but I'd like new glass eventually)
-glass pack exhaust (don't need that but it's not that loud and exhaust seems solid. And again, in an area where they don't check emissions either)

That truck looks pretty clean, most of them are rusted on the bedsides.
Just check everything for safety, brakes, steering.
Regular maintenance and it should last you along time.

Yep. It does have the small cracks/bubbles just above the wheel lip chrome trim on the bed, but it's still solid metal there. I'll have to keep on top of it to keep from worsening but I'm not sure how much I'll be driving it anyways to worry too much, particularly in the winter. Underside is still pretty clean too, with only minor surface rust. I was told the truck was from Virginia, which explains why it's in better shape that what you can find up here further north.

-
Back