Best performing non offset Small block Mopar heads

-
I build all of my stuff and that’s half the fun for me. I’m not fast but I’m half assed and have a lot of fun. I could be running 5.50’s with my other car but with 3 times the work at the track. I love throwing a gallon of fuel in the car between rounds and checking the air in my tires. I hop on my quad and go out bs’ing, eat, sit on a chain in my trailer and watch the girls walk by with a fan blowing on me. Don’t get me wrong I want to go faster and Lord willing will, but it will be on my terms.

Should horsepower per cubic inch ever be considered when looking at heads? I may have worded that right the first time idk lol. Just bench racing in my head.

Should horsepower per cubic inch ever be considered when looking at heads? I may have worded that right the first time idk lol. Just bench racing in my head.
You would with Cubic inch and rpm (displacement over time) which is basically potential Hp, the engines we deal with have a somewhat narrow range of efficiency.

Eg.. If at 100% VE 318 @ 7500 rpm and a 511 @ 4667 rpm would displace the same amount of air a minute 690 cfm. To me the true displacement of you engine.

-
Back