Best performing non offset Small block Mopar heads

-
That's the truth.

Frankly, I'm a little ashamed to post this pic since the trim job I did on these is so rough but I can say for sure that cutting these gaskets precisely is not easy. Thankfully I had enough sense to order a couple sets. Sometimes you gotta offer up a sacrifice to the horsepower gods.
View attachment 1716215272
I think I remember @Brian Hafliger mentioning a gasket he uses that had a taller roof for their ported heads. I wonder if those would line up better with these BPE heads, if he'll sell those gaskets by themselves.

I think I remember @Brian Hafliger mentioning a gasket he uses that had a taller roof for their ported heads. I wonder if those would line up better with these BPE heads, if he'll sell those gaskets by themselves.
I used some from supeformance. They fit better than the fel pro. Might be what Brian had, not sure.

I was going to say SCE but I don't see anything they offer with a "P" in the part number. That post was also from several years ago so those particular gaskets he was referring to may not even exist any more. In their current catalog they list a set that are 2.25" x 2.4" but they are for "ported" Magnum heads so unless I'm wrong I don't believe they would work on standard LA heads. 2.25" wide also seems like a misprint, I'm guessing they are 1.25".

I researched this topic a bunch and didn't find anything that would work. The ports on the BP heads are 2.5" tall, no one that I'm aware of makes a gasket with an opening anywhere near that tall as most intake gaskets are 2.25-2.27" high. Even the raised port type openings are not that tall.

I even called Superformance and asked him about it. He said they'd have to come up with new tooling which is not happening, not enough sets of these heads out there to justify that cost.

So we cut.

I have a set of Rods heads on my AMX. It has been 6.06 at 111 mph on pump gas. 5.98 on race gas and 5.85 on alcohol. My combination is in the 9 second tread towards the end. I'm very pleased with the heads I got from Rod. And he just sold about 10 sets of them in the last few months. I think he's waiting for some more castings to come in. My car weighs 2930 lbs with me in it.

Your sooooo naive of the cruel ways of the world........again it's with your smart *** comments that I will be laughing when his girlfriend leaves him for someone whose W2 is more that 26,000 dollars a year. I tried to help is all I can say.....
Is this fuckin *** hole dead?

:BangHead:

He was mostly bashing Uncle Tony and hyping himself up. It's mopars are everything channel. It's been a year or more since I've seen it.

He's making gooftube videos now. I came across him by accident one late night browsing Mopar stuff.
I guess his multi six figure job that put him above everyone dried up?
Or is he still preaching his dominance?

The way he treated people here, I don't think I would want to meet him.

Although, I worked with a guy years ago who was a jack*** at work. Out of work, he was a different person. So, who knows....

I wouldnt kid about it. He was really nice. Came up to my pits, told me who he was. Chatted for probably half an hour. Was super nice.

I wouldnt kid about it. He was really nice. Came up to my pits, told me who he was. Chatted for probably half an hour. Was super nice.
Well like I said, sometimes people act differently in person. I talked to him on the phone once about some parts. Seemed like a good guy. But I also saw some of his posts here. Anyway, I don't doubt what you're saying. I just don't think it's cool to treat others differently here then we would to their face thats all.

This guy—— ‘68cuda416

@‘68cuda416 - *I Think* he banned from FABO.

1709436300817.jpeg

He is a prick period.

We have members here that have shared their knowledge with others and then we have members here that want to brag that they know better when in fact they do not.

They spend their wad on someone else to build their cars and that is fine, but do not act like you know more because your bank roll is bigger.

Think about it.

If you have the cash, why in the hell are you not running offset pushrod heads?

I know why, Do you?

He is a prick period.

We have members here that have shared their knowledge with others and then we have members here that want to brag that they know better when in fact they do not.

They spend their wad on someone else to build their cars and that is fine, but do not act like you know more because your bank roll is bigger.

Think about it.

I know why, Do you?

He was rude and full of himself. At least that’s the way his posts read and it was hard not to see it in another way.

I am just calling a fish a fish and a goat a goat.

And I do not have a multi 6 digit income.

He is a prick period.

Think about it.

I know why, Do you?

Just because he’s a prick doesn’t mean he’s a bag guy.

I’m a prick. I got that from nearly 50 years of dealing with this business and all the clowns that go with it.

Sounds like you’re jealous of the guys money. I’m not. Some of us don’t want to work on this junk but it’s the means to and end.

If you can’t take a little heat you ought to maybe go golf.

Just because he’s a prick doesn’t mean he’s a bag guy.

I’m a prick.
No , you are actually not.

I do not agree with everything you say but have agreed with most.

I have never seen you say that you make more than me or you have nicer or more cars than me or any other member therefore you are superior and what you have to say outweighs my opinion.

Now you do have a strong opinion about lots of stuff and I may not always agree but I myself am guilty of that.

Oh yeah, I am a prick too if we are getting that off of our chests.

-
Back