Best performing non offset Small block Mopar heads

1bad360duster

Reaction score
I’m in the same spot. Most big money bracket racers have nitrous on their cars to play top end games. I’ve kicked it around as I have almost everything sitting here unused for my heads up car. I’ve never tried nitrous so trying it could be very let’s say costly to me. Lol.
What’s the main strategy they use with nitrous on top end ?

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
catch up if you spun on the hit, or had a late light to maybe push the other guy out, or have him make a bad decision at the finish line

Or commonly called “spray n slide”. Spray the heck out of it and lock up the brakes. Stupidly at its best.

A body

SLO-KID
Reaction score
10 pages and absolutely no love for the Brodix BA/B1!

gzig5

Reaction score
10 pages and absolutely no love for the Brodix BA/B1!
Are they any good?? I remember seeing pics of a set recently but I’ve never heard much about them. They take Chevy style rockers?

B3422w5

Reaction score
Are they any good?? I remember seeing pics of a set recently but I’ve never heard much about them. They take Chevy style rockers?

got a good friend running a well done set on a 70 Duster drag car. 260 something solid roller, 904, 3000 pounds, maybe a touch more, 12+ to 1 compression. Well sorted combo.
Been 10.27 best at 128.xx with them.
My brother has a set too, had some issues getting them installed in his 66 Dart. The exhaust ports are raised over stock, and the head is physically bigger. Headers car be a real pain in the ***, even worse obviously in an early A.
They make power, but nothing that i would say that separates it from others for the xtra trouble. Wouldn't be my first choice just because of the messing around needed from the several differences.
My brother got his nicely ported set along with older set of rockers and an intake for 1200 bucks at Norwalk 3 years ago in the swap meet…on my advice he bought them. There are also different revisions of them too. More than meets the eye with these, believe me
Now wish i hadn't offered the advice, and he had stayed with what he had

Last edited:

A body

SLO-KID
Reaction score
Having asked that Q to a couple folks after our W5 debacle I was told a hard NO on the Brodix head…. We were actually going to go with the Victors but they never materialized. Brett had a W8 top end collecting dust so we went with the “heads from some old truck” route.

B3422w5

Reaction score
Having asked that Q to a couple folks after our W5 debacle I was told a hard NO on the Brodix head…. We were actually going to go with the Victors but they never materialized. Brett had a W8 top end collecting dust so we went with the “heads from some old truck” route.

what’s your car weigh at the scales?

justinp61

Reaction score
Has anyone had a hard running combo with Brodix heads? I've seen some that run okay, but nothing really impressive.

MOPAROFFICIAL

Reaction score
only known one guy who ran those heads, and it was a big,big under performer. Lived in Texas, big inch snallblock
Back in the the day( for what its worth) Ryan didn't like them at all
Maybe cause it was a "snallblock"? :D
Yeah I was being funny.
Its 9500+ rpm head .
I think there is such thing as too big for a 4"bore

justinp61

Reaction score
Maybe cause it was a "snallblock"? :D
Yeah I was being funny.
Its 9500+ rpm head .
I think there is such thing as too big for a 4"bore

I'd think if they were a good option guys like Brett Miller would be using them on his big inch, high rpm small blocks.