Best performing non offset Small block Mopar heads

-
Whats your giggle fish?

You could be classified in the same boat.

He is a prick period.

We have members here that have shared their knowledge with others and then we have members here that want to brag that they know better when in fact they do not.

They spend their wad on someone else to build their cars and that is fine, but do not act like you know more because your bank roll is bigger.

Think about it.

If you have the cash, why in the hell are you not running offset pushrod heads?

I know why, Do you?

For the record , the guy you are talking about has a very healthy W9 deal in a Cuda. It is offset pushrod deal. Very high end car, ultra nice.

Btw, I am older, so that is part of it, but I make a very good living, I was making six figures running a GM dealership 20 years ago. We own our own business now, we do much better than I did back then.
I don’t run an offset pushrod deal, have in the past, but don’t now. I have no interest in having to get a license anymore, more cage, more fire suit, yada, yada. just for a few tenths of a second.
So I wouldn’t equate how fast a car is with someone’s wallet.
In fact, I have found that people with a little slower car have longer vacations .lol…We recently got back from our yearly month long Caribbean beachfront island vacation and have been to Florida recently and I just got back last Sunday night from South Georgia from a long weekend watching Lights Out 15 radial event.
Way more to life than offset pushrod heads, no matter one’s financial position.

For the record , the guy you are talking about has a very healthy W9 deal in a Cuda. It is offset pushrod deal. Very high end car, ultra nice.

Btw, I am older, so that is part of it, but I make a very good living, I was making six figures running a GM dealership 20 years ago. We own our own business now, we do much better than I did back then.
I don’t run an offset pushrod deal, have in the past, but don’t now. I have no interest in having to get a license anymore, more cage, more fire suit, yada, yada. just for a few tenths of a second.
In fact, I have found that people with a little slower car have longer vacations .lol…We recently got back from our yearly month long Caribbean beachfront island vacation and have been to Florida recently and I just got back last Sunday night from South Georgia from a long weekend watching Lights Out 15 radial event.
Are you ******* kidding me?

Whats your giggle fish?

LOL true that if we are taking pot shots at each other

Yup, I have no desire to go to the track every week or twice or three times. I did that when I was younger and I have no taste for it.

Plus as you said all the extra gear to run in the nines or quicker. Then you get to the track and there’s a million cars there, it’s hotter than a popcorn fart and they start running cars like a cattle drive.

Just don’t need that any more.

Whats your giggle fish?
The “I’m a prick as well since we’re getting this off of our chests.”
Funny line!

Yep! That’s OK too. Just remember this line for those that kiss you off and/or insult you…

“I’ve been called worse by better.”

Then, just walk away with a Pfst! And call it a day!

LOL true that if we are taking pot shots at each other

LMAO! Well, it’s no big deal, it’s actually all good. A good laugh with levity!

Yup, I have no desire to go to the track every week or twice or three times. I did that when I was younger and I have no taste for it. Etc……

I like test-N-tune nights. Less people. EZ atmosphere.

The “I’m a prick as well since we’re getting this off of our chests.”
Funny line!

Yep! That’s OK too. Just remember this line for those that kiss you off and/or insult you…

“I’ve been called worse by better.”

Then, just walk away with a Pfst! And call it a day!
I just thought we were talking about things we have in common.

:)

I guess some have not met a real prick. lol
Most of the pricks I knew wore green and they were real pricks.
I've yet to see any real pricks on the web. Talking pricks maybe, but real pricks questionable.

I just thought we were talking about things we have in common.

:)
:thumbsup:
:rofl:

Glad I wasn’t drinking anything!

I guess some have not met a real prick. lol
Most of the pricks I knew wore green and they were real pricks.
I've yet to see any real pricks on the web. Talking pricks maybe, but real pricks questionable.

GREEN????

So tell me RumbleFish, Just exactly how many intake manifolds do you have?

And just about all my Mopars are Green for some damn reason.

I like to think of it as old school heated debate on the web, like throwing a ball peen hammer across the shop. lol Were you on the receiving end of that hammer.

You are not understanding what I am saying but you are reinforcing my intent.

Said person is bragging about how fast his standard pushrod car is.

Said person is running the best of the best standard pushrod car.

Said person is having some other party build his stuff.

Said person is claiming to be the upper authority of others here even though they do not have a rats turd of the knowledge of the others they have undermined.

Said person admits that they are faster due to their wallet.

Now lets step it up.

Said person has a very nice off set pushrod car but we are not going to brag about this car because our wallet is not that fat

As other fat wallet guys are lots faster.

I do not care where you went on vacation or do I care where said person went.

(your apparent vacancy of thought about what I was trying to say shows here) :thankyou:

Nah, he was just a blowhard with a fast car. Nice guy's can be blowhards.
When I see a person putting themselves above others due to their income and it is apparent that they are deficient on their knowledge,

I consider them as a prick.

Just saying.

When I see a person putting themselves above others due to their income and it is apparent that they are deficient on their knowledge,

I consider them as a prick.

Just saying.

You ever consider the fact there are people that have a fast classic car, or drag car, that have zero interest in building motors or transmissions, yet are plenty smart.

So tell me RumbleFish, Just exactly how many intake manifolds do you have?

I’m not sure. I used to have about 12 or 14 for the LA head alone. Let me think as I type….

Ummmm, for the LA;
OEM’s, 1-‘72, 1-‘73,
Weiand’s 1 Stealth, 1 Action Plus,
Edelbrock’s - RPM X’s 2, 1 dual quad/dual plane,
Chink air gaps, 2. (Which are dual patterns.)
MoPar - 1 each M1 single plane, M1 Tunnel Ram and a 6 pack.
(I think that’s it. I traded/sold a few.)

For the W2, 1 - M1 Tunnel Ram, 1 - water heated M1 single plane
(I sold both of my Holley Street Dominators.)
For the W5, 1 of each small and large runner M1 single planes
1 - Edel. RPM for my Magnum to be coupled with 2.02 R/T heads.

I think that’s it for the small blocks. I pretty sure I had more at one point. I’d have to get into the garage to see if I remembered all of them. I think I got them all.

For the “B” block I have a 6 pack w/a mechanical carb set up and a M1 single plane. No other big block intakes. No /6 or HEMI stuff.

I do consider that and appreciate that but do you ever consider that there may be others that are very capable besides their income or the choice that said person that does not do their own work chose to do their work that are capable?

You do realize that I am not trying to rain on your parade but you are pissing all over mine.

Just because I do not make the money you do, Do not vacation the same places you do and can not afford to have others build my cars does not mean I do not have more knowledge than you do or at least as just as much.

Did you ever consider those same people COULD be nice or COULD be dicks. I know which that fucktard is. So what if he owns the best of the best? WTF??
You ever consider the fact there are people that have a fast classic car, or drag car, that have zero interest in building motors or transmissions, yet are plenty smart.

^^This^^ I build all of my stuff, transmissions, fabrication and set up my rears. I built the Indy headed 434 small block that's in my Dart now and have been pleased with it. I did talk to a few guys that I respect to pick their brains.

If I were building a high dollar, top shelf parts small block, W7/8/9 deal without a doubt Brett Miller would build it.

I never had an issue with 68cuda416, he and I exchanged a few PM's and messages on FB, always came across as a good guy. I think that some of the internet experts just grated on him over time and instead of just walking away he'd lash out. I was told many, many years ago to "never argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience, plus from a distance no one can tell the difference". It's good advice.

-
Back