best place to buy carpet in Canada

-

mopar56

Reaction score
dose anyone know where we could get repro carpet in Canada, that is reasonably priced?, right now the the strength of the U.S. greenback against the Canuck buck is so strong that with the exchange and brokerage it's just too expensive to order from the U.S. vendors, we need to change the carpet, ( black ) in the 74 Duster, thanks

X2 on National Moparts, haven't bought carpet but all other parts have been excellent quality and Nigel is a very friendly knowledgeable guy.

National Moparts are great for sure but for carpet you have to look at ACC I believe they are called , they are the factory supplying all the vendors and you can get the same complete carpet kits for about half the price the vendors charge .

National Moparts are great for sure but for carpet you have to look at ACC I believe they are called , they are the factory supplying all the vendors and you can get the same complete carpet kits for about half the price the vendors charge .

I just received an ACC kit for my Duster yesterday, looks great. But haven't installed it yet. $158 delivered.

Another vote for Nigel and Scott at National Moparts.
They are car guys just like us!

I just received an ACC kit for my Duster yesterday, looks great. But haven't installed it yet. $158 delivered.

Divenut can you let us know about the quality of the ACC carpet kit. When I got my ACC carpet it was the worst fitting crap I've ever put in. It was for the 71 Demon with manual trans. Might of been just a bad run not sure.

I bought a trunk mat from National Moparts last month. I am pleased with the product (made by REM) but was not thrilled with the shipping. They ship via Canpar and when you order online you have no idea what the shipping price is. Only when it arrives at your door do you know what the "all in" cost is. I was told it would take 4 business days to arrive but it took 7 business days.

Canpar's tracking system is from the previous century in that the package tracking number National Moparts provides is only part of the information required. I would expect when I asked National Moparts for the tracking number they would provide all the information required for me to work with Canpar to track the package. However Canpar also requires a vendor number (ie: National Moparts account#) in addition to the package number to track it. I can understand national Moparts not wanting to provide their account number to me but then don't give me only the tracking number (after I ask for it) only to have to go back to National Moparts requesting their vendor number. They didn't provide their vendor number but contacted Canpar to track it for me and said it would arrive on a certain date. Naturally it didn't and, because I couldn't track it myself without having to ask National Moparts for daily updates, I had no clue when it was going to arrive. Seven business days later it arrived at 6:30 at night. And when I opened the invoice on the box to see the shipping cost, I almost dropped my beer. It was $27!! That's a rip-off for 7 full business days to make it from Ontario to Vancouver.

The positives:
Product was good. National Moparts response time (responding to my emails) was prompt.

The negatives:
National Moparts didn't provide all the info required for me to track the package myself. Shipping cost were outrageous considering the slow shipping service from Canpar.

Overall:
If National Moparts ditched Canpar and used Purolater or any other shipper except UPS, i would definitely order from them again.

Just bought a Trim Parts carpet from National Moparts, happy with it. Nigel , Scott and Rick are great.

Divenut can you let us know about the quality of the ACC carpet kit. When I got my ACC carpet it was the worst fitting crap I've ever put in. It was for the 71 Demon with manual trans. Might of been just a bad run not sure.

Absolutely Keith Mopar. I'll post up the details, good or bad.

Pat

My ACC kit fit great it was made oversize to trim in during the install , at the time I ordered they were the only ones including all the little pieces for a 69 fastback barracuda in the kit and it also came with the molded rubber grommet in the correct place for the highbeam floor switch . Like I said National Moparts are great guys but ACC is the actual factory that makes the kits all the other suppliers are ordering from them and they will mold your kit out of just about any grade of carpet you can think of for an up charge if you want to go plusher than stock .

Check out gasoline alley in langley bc.
They are friendly and know their stuff.

thanks guys I have checked out all these site's it seems a lot use the some manufacture, they are all great sites just got to order now, I especially like National Moparts, I had never heard of these guys before, nice to know there are auto wreckers that cater to Mopars, didn't think there were any left!

-
Back