Best place to buy full kit

-

MR4V

Reaction score
Hi all
As you will see by how any post placed I'm a newbe. I have a 73 Dart Swinger with power steer & power disc brakes, I'm also in the land down under.
Up for a full front end kit & after surfing the net I have come across many supliers of parts.
I would like MOOG kit, which one is about the best to deal with?
Do not forget I have to import this.

PST
Rockauto
Year one
NAPA
Jims auto parts
Remart

Is there anything else I should add to the kit & is there any tricks or problems I should look out for?

Cheers

Welcome to FABO MR4V. There are quite a few members here from OZ 8)

I think you are on the right track shopping for Moog parts. Make sure the supplier will work with you on shipping, probably USPS in a "flat rate box" will be best $$ savings.

Welcome to FABO MR4V. There are quite a few members here from OZ 8)

I think you are on the right track shopping for Moog parts. Make sure the supplier will work with you on shipping, probably USPS in a "flat rate box" will be best $$ savings.

Thanks. Is USPS United States Postal Service & what is "flat rate box"

Yes, USPS is the US Postal Service and a "flat rate box" may be the least expensive for shipping on front end parts.

Here is a copy/paste from the USPS website:

Priority Mail® International Large Flat-Rate Box USPS-supplied Priority Mail large flat-rate box: 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" Maximum weight 20 pounds.
6 - 10 Days $53.95

Priority Mail® International Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes USPS-supplied Priority Mail medium flat-rate boxes: 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8" or 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" Maximum weight 20 pounds.
6 - 10 Days $41.95

Please PM another member from OZ to be sure? My sister used to live there and I remember the shipping $$ were always a concern. There may be a local supplier for the parts you desire....Good luck :cheers:

I rebuilt the front end of my Duster (power steering, power front discs) with a poly kit from Just Suspensions.
Good price, good parts, easy instal. I bought their "6 pack of tools" as well, which basically doubled the price of the kit, but made it so I could do everything in my driveway with a few wrenches. I think the whole shebang was around $475 total. Also added sway bars, which I got from Just Suspensions as well. The sway bars on their site are the same Addco parts you find on every other site...but without the crazy prices the other sites charge. When I got mine, Summit had them for $125 each they were $85 each at JS, with more sizes available to choose from.
I will buy all future parts from Just Suspensions.
Good luck on your rebuild!

I rebuilt the front end of my Duster (power steering, power front discs) with a poly kit from Just Suspensions.
Good price, good parts, easy instal. I bought their "6 pack of tools" as well, which basically doubled the price of the kit, but made it so I could do everything in my driveway with a few wrenches. I think the whole shebang was around $475 total. Also added sway bars, which I got from Just Suspensions as well. The sway bars on their site are the same Addco parts you find on every other site...but without the crazy prices the other sites charge. When I got mine, Summit had them for $125 each they were $85 each at JS, with more sizes available to choose from.
I will buy all future parts from Just Suspensions.
Good luck on your rebuild!

Looking over other treads I found the link to Just Suspensions but it looks like its down at the moment. Is there a email or other way to contact them?
Have the tools to do the job as Oz Valiants basicly run the same front end.

Yes, USPS is the US Postal Service and a "flat rate box" may be the least expensive for shipping on front end parts.

Here is a copy/paste from the USPS website:

Priority Mail® International Large Flat-Rate Box USPS-supplied Priority Mail large flat-rate box: 12" x 12" x 5-1/2" Maximum weight 20 pounds.
6 - 10 Days $53.95

Priority Mail® International Regular/Medium Flat-Rate Boxes USPS-supplied Priority Mail medium flat-rate boxes: 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" x 13-5/8" or 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" Maximum weight 20 pounds.
6 - 10 Days $41.95

Please PM another member from OZ to be sure? My sister used to live there and I remember the shipping $$ were always a concern. There may be a local supplier for the parts you desire....Good luck :cheers:

Have checked with the local suppliers & after 3 days no return phone call or asked for MOOG parts & with the dollar the way it is it was cheaper to import over the net.
Shipping cost added about $270USD to the cost.

Ouch on the shipping costs (expected)......Maybe check with other FABO OZ members first? There are many here on the board........

Hello,

We are currently running a $100 off sale on all of our Super Front End Kits. This sale is to commemorate our 25th anniversary.

The Super Front End Kit with rubber bushings is normally $379 - and the sale price is $279. The kit includes:

* 2 Upper Ball Joints
* 2 Lower Ball Joints
* 2 Strut Rod Bushings
* 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends
* 2 Stabilizer Links (Bolt and sleeve type links only)
* 2 Inner Tie Rod Ends
* 1 Idler Arm
* 4 Upper Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Lower Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Sway Bar Bushings (for most models)
* Control Arm Bumpers (for most models)
* 2 Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves
* 4 Upper Cam and Bolt kits

Our Polygraphite® Super Front End Kits are also on sale for $100 off. The price is normally $439 and sale price $339. Kits include:

* 2 Upper Ball Joints
* 2 Lower Ball Joints
* 2 Strut Rod Bushings
* 2 Outer Tie Rod Ends
* 2 Polygraphite® Stabilizer Links (Bolt and sleeve type links only)
* 2 Inner Tie Rod Ends
* 1 Idler Arm
* 4 Polygraphite® Upper Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Lower Inner Control Arm Bushings
* 2 Polygraphite® Sway Bar Bushings (for most models)
* Control Arm Bumpers (for most models)
* 2 Tie Rod Adjusting Sleeves
* 4 Upper Cam and Bolt Kits

You can either place the order over our website and we will adjust the order total when we process the order, or just give us a call.

We have reasonable shipping rates overseas and do ship via USPS! Shipping to the 48 US States if FREE.

Thanks for considering PST and please let me know if you have any questions.

Even if you don't choose PST, best of luck with the rebuild!

Thank PST. I have just sent you all the information re my front end rebuild. Asking for the kit part number for your Polygraphite Super Front End Kit, graet offer & price.
Also asked about a Raybestos Master Cylinder part number 36406.

Cheers

PST, what brand parts are used in the kits?

Moog, raybestos, spicer?

Thanks

We use many different manufacturers - Moog/Federal Mogul, etc etc.

Because of the number of kits we have and the sheer number of parts, and multiple manufacturers for each part, our computer system can't determine exactly what brand of each part is in each kit.

Every part has to meet or exceed OE specifications and all of our parts are backed by our Lifetime Limited Warranty!

After searching around for the wifes 71 amx and trying to find a decent kit or piece one together at a reasonable price I bought the O.E. kit from pst,and was happy.I worked as a brake/front end guy and have seen some crappy stuff but their kit was complete and had good parts for the price,with good customer service and free shipping it was hard to beat-also their prices on kyb's were about the best Ive seen.

Last day for the $100 sale from P-s-t Kits must be order tonite.I'm gonna order mine shortly!!!

I have ordered a kit from PST, just waiting on the shipping & total cost. Ordering for Oz with the time difference is the hard part.
PST & ray looking after me.

I bought a full kit from PST yesterday (got the sale price!!) I'm interested to hear more about the "Lifetime Limited Warranty". These are OEM parts being used on performance cars, some that are being raced. I can't imagine there's going to be much chance of getting something replaced under warranty? Maybe I'm wrong.

I bought a full kit from PST yesterday (got the sale price!!) I'm interested to hear more about the "Lifetime Limited Warranty". These are OEM parts being used on performance cars, some that are being raced. I can't imagine there's going to be much chance of getting something replaced under warranty? Maybe I'm wrong.

Sorry for the delay - we have been busy at SEMA!

The Lifetime Limited Warranty covers defects in material and workmanship as long as you own the vehicle. A ball joint that wears out because it is being raced every weekend will generally not be considered a manufacturing defect - it will be considered normal wear, which isn't covered by the warranty.

For a full copy of our warranty, please see page 61 of our latest catalog.

Thanks!

-
Back