Best place to buy Mopar Performance parts?

-

David Eldridge

Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations/feedback on where and where not to buy Mopar Perfomance parts

Thanks!

I wish I could tell you, "At your local Friendly MOPAR dealership!"
Unfortunately, that is not the case any more.
Sad Face Here.

For me it's hard to beat Summit, but I check Mancini first just in case.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations/feedback on where and where not to buy Mopar Perfomance parts

Thanks!
I had great experiences with Classic industries.
One thing for Canadians reading here, even though the site says they only ship via UPS , I called them and they will ship via USPS which is way cheaper.

I asked , they listened and they changed to make me a happy customer.

I have an 05 Ram truck and the hood lifts were getting weak. I went to Rockauto and saw a pair for $13. The mopar lifts were $50. At 16 years old I bought the $13 lifts and they work fine. Don't think I'll have the truck 16 more years. Mopar performance parts has pretty much died and dried up. Mancini has pretty much been the guy to go to with old Mopar parts and some of the others mentioned above. Living on the east coast, back in the day it was Jack's auto parts that was the place to go for Mopar parts, who is long gone as far as I know.

Wherever you can find them, pretty much.

I have to agree, I find what I want and then hit Summit, Jegs, eBay, Amazon, and just Google and find the cheapest one. A little effort can really pay off. I know I am cheap but some times I find the manufacture is cheapest because they don't discount much to there venders.

Oh yea Rock Auto has good deals on O.E. stuff. I buy a lot from them.

I wish I could tell you, "At your local Friendly MOPAR dealership!"
Unfortunately, that is not the case any more.
Sad Face Here.

For me it's hard to beat Summit, but I check Mancini first just in case.

Agree , mopar dealerships now , dont know and cant look anything up , they just dont have it . Took an old guy parts man about 15-20 minutes to find a gasket for a 440 , and would have t0 order it , no thanks !

The sad part is, most of the MP inventory is slap not made anymore. So whatever's out there, when it's gone, it's gone. They offered some pretty nice stuff too a long time ago.

The MP parts used to be the parts to buy for the budget minded builder. They had good parts at reasonable prices. Now if you find MP parts they are priced ridiculous. The purple shafts make no sense on the pricing. You look up one kit and the price is about what it should be. Others are priced double or more for some reason.
Its a shame they stopped making the cast valve covers. Those were good covers and the price was right. There is plenty of demand for them to make them, even if they have to source them outta china.

The MP parts used to be the parts to buy for the budget minded builder. They had good parts at reasonable prices. Now if you find MP parts they are priced ridiculous. The purple shafts make no sense on the pricing. You look up one kit and the price is about what it should be. Others are priced double or more for some reason.
Its a shame they stopped making the cast valve covers. Those were good covers and the price was right. There is plenty of demand for them to make them, even if they have to source them outta china.

Do you remember "good guy pricing"? I do. Very reasonable. I have looked and looked. I don't think there's even an MP catalog in print anymore for "us". I found one that goes back to 2003. Useless.

I had great experiences with Classic industries.
One thing for Canadians reading here, even though the site says they only ship via UPS , I called them and they will ship via USPS which is way cheaper.

I asked , they listened and they changed to make me a happy customer.

Have you tried National Moparts in Ontario, Canada?

Have you tried National Moparts in Ontario, Canada?

Hi SSSN8KE,

Yes, 'Ive dealt with them a lot. Nigel and Sam are great to deal with. A lot of the time though they don't have the parts in stock and I've found that if you can get a supplier in the USA to use USPS, the prices aren't far off as National Moparts deal in US Dollars anyway. Good company to deal with though, very reputable!

Face it guys. We have become the Hudsons, Kaisers, the Studebakers, of the classic car world

I've had luck with Chicago Connection. Their website is down right now but if you have part numbers you can call. Seemed like good people.

Mancini racing
Also a great place to shop for Canadians! I ordered a modified base for my factory unsilenced air cleaner and had in in 4 days via USPS!

The car companies want to sell NEW autos and parts for such...period.

Also a great place to shop for Canadians! I ordered a modified base for my factory unsilenced air cleaner and had in in 4 days via USPS!

I'll admit, I've made some questionable purchases before, but never in my life did I feel the need to buy a Canadian

I've had luck with Chicago Connection. Their website is down right now but if you have part numbers you can call. Seemed like good people.

It's been down for a while. Give them a call, great guy, just ordered some headers from them. His brother helps out too, and is kinda a hoot.

I've been ordering a ton of performance stuff lately, and I've stumbled across two websites that have fantastic prices. Also not only free shipping, but also don't charge you tax. So you can either beat up major suppliers like summit or jeg making them price match (even tax free), or just buy right from them. The one website is older and has an odd layout, but they answer the phone and was a pleasure to talk too.

Performance Racing Engine Parts Racer Gear At Drag Race Car Parts

Barnett Performance : Welcome to Barnett Performance - Home Page - https://www.barnettperformance.com

-
Back