best resale green 318 or blue slant

-

YY1

Reaction score
Which is a more desireable car?

A blue slant six car, or a green 318 car?

Lets assume both need minor lower quarter work a paint job, and front seats recovered.

Now lets assume a good 318 can be had to put in either car.

Would you buy a blue C code car with a 318 over a green G code car?

Or does factory v8 trump B5?

What if the C code car was factory green, but is now blue, and well done?

depends who you ask.....i personally hate blue with a passion so i would buy a green car even with a slanty .....in fact around the time i bought my triple green dart there was a running dark blue 71 slant six car on cl for 300 bucks more ......i picked the green one even though it didnt even have an engine in it....i figured i would save the 3 hundred and get a car that is easy on my eyes and put in an engine of my choice....and im leaving it green come re-paint time.

Attachments

• CIMG0313.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 259
depends who you ask.....i personally hate blue with a passion so i would buy a green car even with a slanty .....in fact around the time i bought my triple green dart there was a running dark blue 71 slant six car on cl for 300 bucks more ......i picked the green one even though it didnt even have an engine in it....i figured i would save the 3 hundred and get a car that is easy on my eyes and put in an engine of my choice....and im leaving it green come re-paint time.

440 4 speed. Jus sayin.

according to a Chrysler sales breakdown book ....F8 Green was the top selling color in 69 and 70 and in the top 3 for the other surrounding years

for good reason too ......that is a pretty styling color. still looks good now as it did then :cheers:

Is the 318 car going to have disc brakes and big bolt pattern? I prefer those features over engine, long as the overall condition is equal. Maybe I don't get the inference here.

I like both colors, but for the most part I think blue would have a better resale value. Nothing bad against either color, I like them both. (my first and third darts were green) I may still paint my Dart Sport a dark blue, and my 68 is ee1 dark blue.

OK let me clarify.

They are both 73 Dusters.

The green one has no motor, but was 318, and needs lower quarter work and seat covers.

The slant one was originally green, but there is a complete blue interior available cheap, minus seats. Body work looks done (of course we all know what that can mean), and is in yellow high build primer. Slant is included but not installed.

I have a good running, slightly built 318 in a really rusty 73 Charger.

I'm looking for an "easy win" to get my painting and/or minor body work chops up.

I'm also looking for something that if I can sell it and make a few bucks, cool, but that I will be happy with if I end up keeping it for a while.

I've personally been "embracing the green" lately, but I know LOTS of people won't even look at a green car, even though it's making a comeback on new cars.

Good point about disk and SBP.

I always suspected 60% of all 68-74 Mopars were green, and 30% were some shade of brown or tan, leaving about 10% for all other colors.

i hate green with a passion...

I agree with this and it shows in the market place on resale. I can buy green cars cheapest and have to sell them cheaper than any other color, no matter what the make.

Just look at how many green cars have been painted other colors. Mopar made some of the ugliest green paint on the planet thoughout those years.

Green is a fad color and generally lasts a few years and then the market falls apart.

As far as owning a green daily driver, it won't happen.

I don't hate blue like Rani, but I'm just not fond of it on cars. So I prefer a green car if that's my choice.
It depends on what shade of blue it is as to whether I can tolerate it.
I much prefer a 318 car.
That being said, the person in the market for either of these cars may not be that discerning about the engines, given the choice.

My cousin painted 2 cars himself. He is a 35 year mechanic and had built a 70's pro stocker and a few others. He says that he wouldn't paint either car again because paintng takes experience to look really good. Buy the car that takes the least work and/or has the better features. Disks and big bolt pattern wheels are real plusses. I had several blue cars and hated puke green. What do you like? That is the most important part

If they both need paint and your changing the motor go for which ever is in better shape and more complete

In the 60's and 70's we that worked at the Dodge dealership used to say that Chrysler must have bought tankers of GREEN from Army surplus. I swear the count was 5 to 1 cars coming off the haulers were green.20+ years later I went to visit the dealership owner,He said "You still messing with cars? I got something out back to show you".My answer to him was "If it ain't GREEN I'll buy it"...It was Maroon. Owned that 67 Dart for 21 Years.

I love green cars and always have, it's not a fad for me, bit i don't mind blue either.
This thread really isn't about liking one color or another, it's about resale.
Therefore, paint it red regardless of the original color.
Red is a color i hate with a passion, burgundy is even worse.
But hey, that's me!

I like both colors My car was originally Green now blue so do you hate it or love it?

Personally when and if i repaint it i was thinking of the orig 68 TTI green

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

t green
according to a Chrysler sales breakdown book ....F8 Green was the top selling color in 69 and 70 and in the top 3 for the other surrounding years

for good reason too ......that is a pretty styling color. still looks good now as it did then :cheers:

No matter what color the car is,a V8 car trumps a /6 car virtually every time.

I like both colors My car was originally Green now blue so do you hate it or love it?

Personally when and if i repaint it i was thinking of the orig 68 TTI green

wow sweet cuda ....never said I didn't like the car ...only the color but done up sweet like that I wouldn't kick it out of my garage.

how funny you show that ...I have a 67 notch like that and this one is originally 881 bright blue met. and its an original 383 ....it has a poor 80s respray job now and most of the original emblems removed..and needless to say .... I was going to change it LOL. why would Rani have a blue car, some might ask......I didn't find this car....this car found me and landed on my lap in a very strange story with twists of events....which happens to many in the car hobby

but when talking about an A-body cuda ...pretty much any color looks good on it....its a cuda ....the word cuda says it all :thumblef:

Attachments

• 20130405_190000.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 149
-
Back