Best sealer for steel shim head gasket

-
Indian head gasket sealent. Apply a thin coating all around on both sides and install when tacky. Never an issue.

The description of that stuff says "low temperature and low pressure applications". I'm wanting to see how many people recommend "copper-spray", I've also heard aluminun spray paint works. What else guys?

,Cliff

Really? Hummm, used it on 10-1 iron headed engines. I never used the copper spray stuff myself.

NO SEALER with the steel shim gaskets just put them on and torque'm down.
I've heard of copper spray bombs but never use anything but the gaskets.
Just my 2 cent's.

Copper coat is good, I think the Indian head gasket stuff is better and my old machine shop would recommend silver metallic spray paint

I used Cooper Coat on 2 sets of Cometics and never had any problems. Good Stuff.

x3 for kw copper coat. using steel or copper head gaskets its great. indian head while good is awfully messy. Spray it on,let it tack about 30 minutes and torque them down. i reused some head gaskets after a few passes one time with a copper coat spray down with no problems.

Copper Coat works well. I have heard of Silver metalic paint also.
Ditto on the silver paint, Article on steel shims said Mopar went away from Steel shims because they could rust and blow out by the water passages without the proper rust inhibitors. Also said they needed a sealer, but The only 2 I ever worked with were taken off a virgin 273 Commando motor. Replaced with a .044 Fel-Pro blue one and the ports had to be matched afterwords.

Mad Dart, what up with that fire?

I have had great luck with Copper Coat, I used it on a big block I had in an old Coronet. I have seen people use spray paint as mentioned in an earlier reply.

-
Back