Best shocks for street performance?

-

skinnysteve72

Reaction score
Getting ready to order new shocks all around, just wondering what everyone’s top picks are, trying to avoid air shocks in the back I’ve never had good luck with them

stock stock, your best bet is standard auto parts store gabriels or monroe, whatever their highline is.

if you want to get a little more performance, then bilsteins would fit the bill, but they're spendy.

a lot of folks run KYB's but they ride very rough, however they seem to last forever.

sachs makes good quality OE replacement shocks at decent prices as well.

Soft suspension I might stick some kyb on there and call it a day. Upgraded torsion bars,sway bars,etc the Bilstein would get my vote.

Bilstein are on my Duster with bigger torsion bars and the ride and handling is fantastic.

I used Koni shocks on my Duster for best performance, but it doesn't sound like that is what you need. Rock Auto probably has a decent selection of shocks at different price points so check them out.

DSC_4144 (Large).JPG

I like the Q1A shocks I have on all 4 corners on the ‘68 Cúda.
There standard non adjustable units I have.

I used Koni shocks on my Duster for best performance, but it doesn't sound like that is what you need. Rock Auto probably has a decent selection of shocks at different price points so check them out.
hey andy, do you have a PN or source for the koni's? i was poking around the other day and couldn't find them for the life of me. thx!

the joy of the KYBs was always a purchase in the rockauto sale
competent shocks for very little allways appeal if what you have is knackered

Dave

my english friend and i take turns calling into question the veracity of native colloquial turns of phrase between each other.

i find most of his charming and endearing and he finds most of mine somewhere between perplexing and straight nonsense. but i'll maintain that there's something down right funny when a grown man hits his thumb with a hammer and utters: oh, drat!

well Knackered means no longers useful as in worn out and broken

Knackers is a slang term for testicles

so i guess there is probably a link between the impact of being kicked in the..... erm.... knackers, and the state you are in for minutes thereafter, and use of knackered to describe something that is past its best or at least rendered useless

:)

i should remember where i am... apologies

Dave

If stock get KYB or Monroe you don’t need to spend big bucks on fancy shocks that won’t change your ride quality to much.

Enjoy the miles you put on the car.

well Knackered means no longers useful as in worn out and broken

Knackers is a slang term for testicles

so i guess there is probably a link between the impact of being kicked in the..... erm.... knackers, and the state you are in for minutes thereafter, and use of knackered to describe something that is past its best or at least rendered useless

:)

i should remember where i am... apologies

Dave

No no no! Keep them coming! LMAO!
Don’t apologize at all. It’s just a slang term I missed. I’m sure there’s been more than a few “American” words and phrases that left you laughing or scratching your head.

hey andy, do you have a PN or source for the koni's? i was poking around the other day and couldn't find them for the life of me. thx!
Koni only lists their shocks for E body cars. Evidently the engineers who work at Koni are too stupid to understand that E body chassis parts commonly cross over to both A body and B body cars. You do have to know your cross over charts when ordering. And the rear Koni shocks don't actually fit any Mopar correctly because the lower eye is the wrong size. I make my own rear shock mount to solve that issue.

DSC_2640 (Large).JPG

-
Back