Best shocks....

-

Tarr

Reaction score
for a dart for performance handleing?
Is there much difference for street driving?
I use to belive the larger the plunger, the better the handleing.
Many years ago I bought of shocks that had 1 3/8 plunger and it made a huge difference.

I still want to add front and rear sway bars. I'm only now putting the car together.

My God, I just followed that link to Firm Feel and saw KYB's at 250 for a set of 4, now that my friend is pure unadultarated bananas, I bought mine at less then 20. each years back and somewhere recently saw them at 30. each. I don't know how QA1 are but am willing to read up on them even though the KYB's have always been good to me. I read an article in regards to shock absorber costs to manufacture years ago and how much manufacturers make on them, the cost is minimal and the profit margin just wholesale is astronomical

My God, I just followed that link to Firm Feel and saw KYB's at 250 for a set of 4, now that my friend is pure unadultarated bananas, I bought mine at less then 20. each years back and somewhere recently saw them at 30. each. I don't know how QA1 are but am willing to read up on them even though the KYB's have always been good to me. I read an article in regards to shock absorber costs to manufacture years ago and how much manufacturers make on them, the cost is minimal and the profit margin just wholesale is astronomical

Ya know, I don't know why they are 250 from firm feel and 159 from pst...?

And to top it all of MoparDude, I just read another post from here when you said on July 6th 2010 and I quote: KYB shocks would be good to get. Many people, including myself, use those.

Is it that you have more then one Mopar or is it the Garlic :)

And to top it all of MoparDude, I just read another post from here when you said on July 6th 2010 and I quote: KYB shocks would be good to get. Many people, including myself, use those.

Is it that you have more then one Mopar or is it the Garlic :)

Well, they are a good shock for a factory rebuilt suspension. But if you want something more, like upgrading to tubular upper control arms, front and rear sway bars, 1.0" torsion bars, tubular adjustable strut rods with the heim joints, heavy duty 11/16" tie rod ends, a flaming river 16:1 manual steering box, 17x8 inch wheels with sticky low profile tires, then it would be time to upgrade to a better shock, like the QA1's or the Bilsteins...Notice all the mods I listed were done to my 68 cuda fastback. :)

I had the KYB's on it before all the mods. And for the dart I have the complete RMS system. :)

just bought a set of kyb's from the kyboutlet.com enter the code mopar for the cupon 137.00 total for all 4

Now I have more info to process. All the front end was replaced with the stock stuff and is still good, but I'm looking for some upgrades for the shocks.

For the money,its KYB's for me. Always had good luck with them.

I will put the front and rear sway bars on the car but I now feel that my first change woud be to the shocks.

The eddies are a very good shock at about $80 each, not a KONI etc but a very nice better than the KYBs I had. They make a classic IA shock, still, but nice ride still.

Summit has em.

I have the QA-1,s also on my 66 Dart,they,re 12 way adjustable for adjusting to the ride you like best.I have the CE 3 ways on my 73 Dart Sport and don,t like the fact that you have to undo one end to adjust them,but they work good also.The QA-1,s are a bit more expensive,but get what you pay for.

-
Back