Best single modification,to your Mopar....

-
gutting the precats and putting in a test pipe. Then it would spin all four (on wet pavement, that is. Still has perfect traction on dry).

oh yeah, that's my Stealth:D

Gears, first went with 3.21--was OK but then a few years later 3.91 went in, that was more like it. Really woke the car up.

Now the 3.91 gears seem so-so, I know 4.30 or 4.56 would wake the 340 up more but then its already turning 4 grand on the freeways, lol

(I'm surprise nobody else said it, used to be the number 1 bolt on, then came headers and after that a hotter cam)

Nothing changed the way my car drove more than adding the sub-frame connectors. It was night and day difference in about a hour's worth of work. Now, I may change my mind this year when the 408 replaces the worn out 340...

X2 on that, sub frame connectors changed the Duster's whole personality.

put aluminum rad in after the original blew and next put lilhows340's Super six in.. I cannot believe the difference in power and I get better gas milage, about 25/gallon now.

Changing the name on the registration from the previous owner's name to mine!!!!!!

So far, adding a Gear Vendors OD to my 71 Challenger has been the best mod I've ever done to a car. It's got 3.55 gears in it, and turns 2300 rpm's @ 70 mph. :D

Figuring out how to get a 69 340 to not detonate. Cost me the last left bank factory piston that was buried under dust on a dealer's shelf, 1400 miles away. They 93 octane is no good. Old engines need the octane. I'm afraid to run it anymore.

changed from 9" drums to 10.5 discs. allowed me to put 17s on my car for cheap. :D

what do you mean "phasing the rotor" ???
re-curving the dizzy and phasing the rotor, along with NGK v-powers (GR4's) made a world of difference. best 2 hours and 12 bucks i ever spent. on the to-do list is subframe connectors, 8.25 and disc swap.

sorry i probably got the nomenclature wrong, making sure the reluctor lines up with the pickup the same time the rotor is aligned with the corresponding cap tower...thats what i meant to get at....

what do you mean "phasing the rotor" ???

We ran across the same instructions, installing MSD EFI. Lock the dissy, ok; make sure the rotor is phased. Call tech, and nobody could explain it, the rotor points to the cap terminal when firing. Duh?

Take an old cap, cut a hole in it. shine a timing light in it, see where the rotor position is when it fires. To move that, don't you just rotate the dissy?

Roll cage with side and cross bars.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Picture 011.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 249
  • Picture 010.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 255
Removing the 360 from my Barracuda and installing a 170 slant six. :)

Actually it's a toss up between adding nitrous, or the "good" converter.

Tough choice on just one mod.
Between the new Recaro seats, subframe connectors, new HEI ignition, they would have to be #1 has to be the HEI ignition kit from www.classichei.com
#2 subframe connectors, #3 seats.

Attachments

• installed.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 243
  • weldedin.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 234
  • 2a.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 272
Upgrading the Valiant from front drums to manual disc brakes...then the Dillinger coilover conversion front suspension. Really changed the way the car handles and drives...for the WAY better!!

Oh, Oldmanmopar....wtf happened to that Demon??!! Not to jack the thread, but geeezzz!

Upgrading the Valiant from front drums to manual disc brakes...then the Dillenger coilover conversion front suspension. Really changed the way the car handles and drives...for the WAY better!!

Oh, Oldmanmopar....wtf happened to that Demon??!! Not to jack the thread, but geeezzz!
If I can remember the story I believe his son passed a way in it when the trans caught second and third at the same time or something to that effect. The only thing I really ( my memory has a 50/50 accuracy btw )remember about the story was that it all came down to a trans issue, the rest is hazy.:sad7:

-
Back