Best suspension options???

-
500+ is a lot of horsepower to stop. These cars came from the factory with 11" brakes and half that amount of power.

Now, a lot of it depends on what you decide to run for tires up front. If you run skinny little hockey pucks then 11" brakes will probably do as much as your tires are capable of. That said, I ran the later 11.75" B/R body disks on my Duster with 225/60/15's up front and thought they were great. Same brakes I used on my Challenger for years, they did well even with the 275's I ran up front on it.

The Stage II kit that DoctorDiff sells is basically just the factory 73+ spindles etc with the later B/R body 11.75" brakes. They fit with 15" rims too, not sure what you've decided for wheels. But all factory reproduction parts, and a nice upgrade compared to the 10.97" 73+ disks.

Mopar 11.75" Front Disc Brake Kit (Stage 2)
Are those 73+ spindles big ball joint? I messed up and order the big ball joints on my UCA's but my spindles are little ball joint. Getting those brakes might save me a step. I plan on going to at least 15s probably around the size you mentioned.

Are those 73+ spindles big ball joint? I messed up and order the big ball joints on my UCA's but my spindles are little ball joint. Getting those brakes might save me a step. I plan on going to at least 15s probably around the size you mentioned.

Yep, those are big ball joint spindles. :D

225/60/15's are about as big as you can go on the front with 15's, they work decently on 15x7's with a 4.25" backspace on most cars. To go wider you need more backspace, but with 15's you run out of brake clearance. With 17's you can go up to about a 255/45/17 on a 17x8 with 5.5 to 5.7" of backspace, although that's a 26" tall tire up front. A 245/45/17 is a little safer fit because of the height.

-
Back