Best torsion bars

-

downsr

Reaction score
Getting opinions on best torsion bars and where to purchase .Any discounts for a body members

not sure you'll get just one answer..

just a few in no particular order:

just suspension
pst
firm feel
hotchkis

Yes, you will get a lot of different opinions. I know PST is a favorite here from what I've read and I just ordered a set of there 1.03 bars also. They also offer a 10% discount to FABO members, but you have to call them on the phone to get it and ask for it. They will ask you for your screen name on here to get it.

I also ordered the 1.03s from PST. Seemed like the best bang for the buck especially considering the FABO discount! Get new boots when you order bars! Mine looked fine until I actually pulled them off. They were in rough shape.

Im not sure that one is "better" than the other. Its a pretty simple bar of steel after all. I would start by figuring out what you want to do then zero in on a size. The different brands offer different sizing ranges.

For a daily firm driver I also bought the 1.03 PST for the value. now that I've been driving my barracuda to autox I'm wishing i had something larger.

few years ago around christmas time i picked up a set of just suspension 1" bars for like $159 on ebay. just suspension was having a sale. keep your eyes open for something like that.

Getting opinions on best torsion bars and where to purchase .Any discounts for a body members

How about a little info on your car, and what you plan on doing with it.

Slant 6, Small Block, Big Block ?
Street, Strip, Road Course, Grocery Store ?

Little info would go along way.

70 duster 416 stroker 727 trans.Mostly mild street driving and occasional drag race
The 870 dia bars worked good but put a cut in one with die grinder.I do not want to go with to stiff of one.Looking for best place to buy with discounts and see what brands to stay away from.I can get mopar performance from jegs but dont know much or here much about them

Mopar Performance bars are good, but expensive. Around 5 years back, they doubled over night.
.870 sounds about right. Shop around for the best price, or look for a set from a member.

-
Back