Best trunk "carpet" for Space Duster found @ Wal-Mart!

-

gdonovan

Reaction score
My 1974 Duster with fold down back seat had a heavy black felt on the inner quarter panels. This had to be pulled when I had quarters installed and I have been looking for months for a suitable replacement!

I happened to stroll through the automotive section of Wal-Mart (Waterford CT) and found this-

http://www.ozite.com/rprod.cfm?item=rp1

Wal-Mart had it in black and gray colors and it is the perfect match! If anything just a touch thicker but much better than anything I have found to date and only $8.88 a roll!

The Wal-Mart SKU is 08032127201, which doesn't come up in a search of their site.

Best of luck to those who need this! I grabbed two rolls and ran for the door.

Dart Sports might not use it, I have only run into one Dart Sport with the fold down rear seat and it had black cardboard in the trunk area covering the quarters.

Gary

DSCN2830aa.jpg

Hey Gdonovan Thanks For The Tip Hey I'm From Montville Ct, Do You Do Any Of The Local Shows, Went To Ocean Beach Last Night.

Hey Gdonovan Thanks For The Tip Hey I'm From Montville Ct, Do You Do Any Of The Local Shows, Went To Ocean Beach Last Night.

I was there last night with the red Duster.

Yep, seen that carpet in the auto. section at Walmart and thought it would work good in the trunk area.

One poster over at moparts also indicates you can buy this stuff at Autozone too.

Thread from the dead posting!

I was at Autozone yesterday picking up some fuel line and other odds and ends and noticed they did have a roll in stock for $22 (almost three times as much as wal-mart!)

I finally got around to installing on the Duster, if your careful you can do both quarters and have some left over. I did but it was dumb luck as I had not planned on it.

DSCN3454.jpg

DSCN3456.jpg

gdonovan, that looks really good. Did you just use spray adhesive to attach it?
C

I bought the exact same thing the other day, and today I made a dash cover, folded it over so it is thicker, used some spray adhesive. It follows the dash pad around the edges and that holds it in place.
My dash pad is in good shape and I needed something to keep the sun off of it.

-
Back