Best Vehicle Lift

-
I have a Rotary Asymmetrical 10,000lb lift (the one with the Barracuda). It gets frequent use and I have been very satisfied with it's performance. If I had to do it over again, I might have ordered the taller version of the same lift which would allow a little more clearance for a taller vehicle like a large pickup or SUV. A buddy has the taller one (the one with the Dart).

1708362500465.png

1708362930920.png

Last edited:
Mohawk lifts are still made in USA if that matters.

What’s the best vehicle to get? Uhhhh, car, truck or minivan?

2 post or 4 post? Height restrictions? Space restrictions? Indoor? Floor supports it?

Define ‘best’. Here we go.

If you do a lotta van and SUVs, the overhead is a pain.
If you do a lotta floor work, transmission, the floor tunnel is a pain.
I had both, when I moved home and had to choose, - took home the floor tunnel one, the trans jack straddled it.
You need 13 ft ceiling for the overhead one I had.
Good luck .

I'm looking at a Forward (made by Rotary) right now. 2 post, overhead bar, 10,000#, symmetric/asymmetric. I've got 14' ceilings so no height issue. These seem to be VERY similar to the Rotary. Figuring out floor concrete - have a saw cut where it wasn't supposed to be and may be too close to where one of the columns would go. :BangHead:

ALM has the best floor footprint. Bigger plates and the posts are farther apart. Pricey but works great. My car trailer fits between the post up to the fenders. I can also open the doors on anything I put on the lift. We use an Atlas too, Works good but with most cars large people need to push the car forward by hand because you cannot get the doors open far enough to get out. My skinny Daughter or Todd usually pulls them on the Atlas.

On the ALM I can work under dash standing next to the car when its on the ALM lift because you can open the doors all the way . Something you never think of when buying a cheaper lift, And yes they are both asymmetric

Mohawks are a very good lift. I worked around one that was probly 30 years old and had no problems. We have rotary’s at the dealership I work at. Put in around 2002 and they have only replaced maybe 5 pumps total. Very good lifts in my opinion

-
Back