Best wax consensus?

-

dibbons

Reaction score
I know everyone has their own opinion, but would it be possible for us to agree on the best wax for a single stage acrylic enamel (high impact) refinish? I'm not concerned with price for a change, just quality and performance. Thank you and please not too many different suggestions, that would just confuse me that much more. Sometimes forum answers can overwhelm us! Soon this will be a newly painted machine.

Is it an older finish or newer? I prefer most anything by Maguire's. For older finishes I like the cleaner wax followed by the polish wax. Opinions vary, but I have always had good results with those two.

maguires also. but 3m makes some good products if meguires isnt available

3M bought Meguiars, a few years back.... Rusty nailed it,for a overall clean up. Myself , been impressed with the Mother's Brazilian carnuba, for something with a good shine already.

X3 on Maquire's. You can apply it to the entire car instead of just a panel at a time before removing it too....:D

Coincidence?
I use the Maguires cleaner wax and polish also, and like being able to do the whole car at once like 6Pak2goDemon says.

When starting fresh good wash, clay bar, maguiers polish, and there carnuba wax. The cleaner wax is also very good especially for older finishes.

Never easy. After shopping, I now find their are no less than 3 Maguires wax products: a relatively inexpensive carnuba was and two synthetic synthetic polymer waxes (either a liquid or paste). Which of these 3 or more products are being recommended in the above posts? Thank you.

I have been using Meguires for years now with great results. Run a clay bar over it and follow up with Show Car Glaze and finish up with Yellow #26 wax. It will look wet when you are done:coffee2:

Dave,

For a single stage older paint job don't go crazy on waxes that are meant for show cars. Especially if you plan on repainting it sometime soon as you said. You really won't get the benefit of it for as deep of a shine like a Base Coat/ Clear Coat Paint would.
Johnson wax's Kit it a very good wax as are some from Turtle Wax. Turtle Wax seems to keep changing the name of their products all the time but it used to be called Turtle Wax "Gold".

Did you ever consider one of the good "quick detailers", this is all I ever use although my car hardly ever does see any rain. "Mother's" and "Turtle wax" just to name a couple.
Keeps my car shiny.

Ice by Turtle Wax I believe. Easy to use and gives a super slick finish. I use it on airplanes.

Macguires makes a couple of good waxes but I use One Grand Blitz Wax for a car that gets driven. PS21 for a hanger queen.

Never easy. After shopping, I now find their are no less than 3 Maguires wax products: a relatively inexpensive carnuba was and two synthetic synthetic polymer waxes (either a liquid or paste). Which of these 3 or more products are being recommended in the above posts? Thank you.

We told you. Maguire's Cleaner Wax and Polish Wax. That's the name of the products. No need for some fancy BS synthetic crappola.

I'm a Mothers fan. If paint is real dirty clay first. Then three stage. Cleaner, polish and wax. Shines great and lasts.

I use Car Brite 's pure Carnuba paste wax without cleaner easi off yellow on my car

this gets applied once a year and maintains a high gloss finish

the first time I used it several people thought I had my car repainted

when I attend a car show and it needs touch up I usually apply Mother's show time

My live in Detail Guy turned me on to Cherry Flash by Malco.. Remember the old MALCO Funny Cars ?? That $hit is amazing !!

Mothers or meguires make excellent products i detail cars in my spare time,my favorite wax is by Malco "blueberry"(don't laugh it smells just like blueberries)its the best i've used on dark colors..anything turtle wax makes sucks!!

Nu Finish, easiest and cheapest, no streaking, removes bugs and tar, use it on windows, lasts and easy to remove, doesn't stain rubber like the expensive stuff paste ,used Ibiz for years ,streaks ,couldn't just wax a small are of hood for touch up ,would have to wax whole hood ,NU Finish wax ,use to touch up a quarter size spot can't tell you did anything,

Clay bar to remove paint dirt and debris, followed up by 3M cleaner wax, then touch up with Maguires Quick Detailer as needed.
If heavier buffing or polishing is required, I turn to my machine with compounds. Just depends on the condition of the paint.

-
Back