Best way to recover a parts car

-

Hallzy

Reaction score
Yanked from the trees where it's been sitting for 30 years.

20210929_151342.jpg

20210929_151548.jpg

Looks to be a 74 model. Can't see the front good enough to see if it's Dodge or Plymouth. Disc brakes. :thumbsup:

Looks to be a 74 model. Can't see the front good enough to see if it's Dodge or Plymouth. Disc brakes. :thumbsup:
Yes its a 74 I don't need much from it but the quarters are good doors and glass are good trunk lid is good I figure better to patch mine with real oem steel than thin overpriced junk

That's not much work at all took a half hour from the time I pulled up until it was on the trailer headed home. It would have taken a full day to cut a path and drag it out

i guess that depends on what you are using to cut a path and drag it with

but im guessing if you got access to cranes like that, you may have something else up your sleeve

i guess that depends on what you are using to cut a path and drag it with

but im guessing if you got access to cranes like that, you may have something else up your sleeve
Yeah we have 5 of them at the shop I just happened to have this one out right in that area today so I finished a paid job and then just popped in and pulled this one out. There's a couple more in there yet.

Yeah we have 5 of them at the shop I just happened to have this one out right in that area today so I finished a paid job and then just popped in and pulled this one out. There's a couple more in there yet.

somehow i picture you like the kid playing the crane machine

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F6Kc7W9bETF0n6%2Fgiphy.gif

but yeah, if you got the equipment, that a no brainer

if i give you a quarter, can you pull me out a duster?

That's cool as heck! What did you hook the back slings to, bolts thru the bumper bracket holes? I pulled a 70 Roadrunner out of a creek one time with a big digger derrick truck from work, and set it down on my trailer just like you did.

:thumbsup:

That's cool as heck! What did you hook the back slings to, bolts thru the bumper bracket holes? I pulled a 70 Roadrunner out of a creek one time with a big digger derrick truck from work, and set it down on my trailer just like you did.

:thumbsup:
Lol no that would have taken too long just hooked the lifting chains to the k member and the rear bumper

Thanks for inspiring my memories... Many years ago, Noah Smiths parts yard had a 1958 Fairlane 500 convertible deep in the middle of the yard. It had been burned pretty bad and had a large tree grown up through the engine bay. A mountain of tires, a mountain of hubcaps, that kind of yard. In my eye, if everything there was new, it was the sweetest ride on the entire yard. I spoke to Noah about it. He chuckled and said, "Get it off the yard and you can have it". I suppose he knew I could barely afford the couple of small parts in my hands. R.I.P. Noah

-
Back