Best way

-

Mopar Tim

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to connect a front sway bar to 66 Abody control arms with no mounting tabs? Thanks.:color: MT

Went through a couple shock bolts initially, then figured I needed stronger bolts. Happy after that.

If I had a welder with enough power, I'd fabricate tabs that look something like this. Apologize in advance for crude artwork.

Attachments

• fabricated tab j.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 204
Angle iron works wonders.

I guess the best way really depends on what Your intentions & capabilities are. If tooling around cruises
& just looking for quicker turn stability occasionally dodging road obstacles is the extent of it, sure
knock yourself out w/ an L bracket & superior hardware. But if You're actually planning some real
road fun w/ capable tires (H-Z & under 280 treadwear), forget that BS! Mopar saw fit to put the lower shock bolt in double shear for just the shocks stress. Which is nothing compared to what a
decent sized stab. bar will do to an L-bracket leveraged off one end of that poor bolt! weld weld
weld & brace , by all means include the shock bolt, but weld the bracket in place w/ as much
support as clearance for the link will allow.

I guess the best way really depends on what Your intentions & capabilities are. If tooling around cruises
& just looking for quicker turn stability occasionally dodging road obstacles is the extent of it, sure
knock yourself out w/ an L bracket & superior hardware. But if You're actually planning some real
road fun w/ capable tires (H-Z & under 280 treadwear), forget that BS! Mopar saw fit to put the lower shock bolt in double shear for just the shocks stress. Which is nothing compared to what a
decent sized stab. bar will do to an L-bracket leveraged off one end of that poor bolt! weld weld
weld & brace , by all means include the shock bolt, but weld the bracket in place w/ as much
support as clearance for the link will allow.

This was my thinking as well. Thanks :color: MT

This might be hard to see, but the Firm Feel brackets are pretty heavy duty. They mount to the lower shock mount with a new longer bolt.

Attachments

• 20150329_135224.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 109
-
Back