Bet these are rare....

-
But I presume the car was build in SA anyway and exported to UK.

Maybe, maybe not.
The RHD Chrysler cars can have been built in Rotterdam, Netherlands, in the Nekaf Chrysler plant, especially for the UK market.
Unfortunately, very few activity reports from this european plant (1958-1970) have survived.

Nekaf 1968.jpg

Found this on allpar.com :
Nekaf.jpg

If there was a Chrysler distributor in London, it's reasonable to think that they ordered RHD cars for their own market.

Last edited:
I did a little research - I asked a NEKAF-Expert....

'Production in Rotterdam was only for BeNeLux and EU 'Region 1', (France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Sweden, Norway, Denmark) not for UK.
RHD Cars for Uk were built in the USA - they got a Valiant dash - code was 1967-68 680 and 1969-1971 X15.'

These cars have a full length VIN - Rotterdam cars have only a shortened VIN

Okay, the RHD doesn't interest anybody? A buddy had a orange 69 cuda with those wheels. Only 4" set I ever saw for-real.
Who can tell that it is right hand drive? It is an old picture and the interior isn't clearly visible.

In the Brookland Books reprint of Barracuda magazine reviews there are two or three reviews from British magazines. Photos of the '67 273 equiped fastback clearly show RHD with shoulder belts and headrests. Occassionally someone joines the forum from the UK and I ask for photos if its an export car. So far no success.
1693087493188.png

1693087263104.png

There's also been occassional posts here at FABO of RHD engine setups in the UK. The remote oil filter location usually gets attention.
1693087158942.png

Last edited:
Anybody have one they want to sell ? Even the regular left hand drive?? I'll pay you the price of a brand new barracuda $2,750 lol

Who can tell that it is right hand drive? It is an old picture and the interior isn't clearly visible.
It's a UK advertisment, & if You simply blow-up the image, the description & sales pitch are readable.

The original recall Wheels were made by Kelsey Hayes

-
Back